? about a mask and hood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhoadc

Registered
Reaction score
I have always put my mask against my face and the hood over the skirt of the mask ( in the few places they overlap). I see some people put the hood first with the mask skirt over that???

What is the best way to do it?? I was thinking the mask would leak something fierce if I put it over the hood.

I put the mask over the hood. It is a real pain to take the hood off to get to the mask strap if I want to rinse the mask mid dive.

Which ever ways works best for you. If the strap is under your hood there hardly any chance of losing the mask should something hit your face, so that may be one reason to put it on that way. I have worn it both ways, never had any issues, and find it more comfortable on the outside of my hood.

My mask leaks quite a bit if it overlaps my hood at all. After putting the hood and mask on, I run my finger around the hood to make sure it is not under the mask seal.

My mask leaks quite a bit if it overlaps my hood at all. After putting the hood and mask on, I run my finger around the hood to make sure it is not under the mask seal.

I think I wasnt very clear. This is what I meant. The strap is outside the hood.

I figured it would! Glad to know my common sense was right this time!

I have always put my mask against my face and the hood over the skirt of the mask ( in the few places they overlap). I see some people put the hood first with the mask skirt over that???

What is the best way to do it?? I was thinking the mask would leak something fierce if I put it over the hood.

Some masks have double skirts or are flexible enough to still seal in the later configuration. And some people don't seem to mind when their mask is half full of water anyway.

The 'best' way would be to have the full skirt of the mask sealing against skin. But as long as the mask ends up fulfilling its purpose - letting you look at pretty fishes - it doesn't really matter how you put it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom