Apex Dump Valve leak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iztok

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Typhoon (neoprene one) drysuit has a leak at my dump valve. It started not long ago but I don't see anything wrong on the exterior. I flushed it and washed from outside but still.

Any hints on what I should be looking at or what to do?

Unscew it from the suit. Look at it. Screw it back.

My apex valve leaked neither I nor my LDS at the time could remove it, I ended up having to send the suit back to DUI to have it replaced.
Having said that they are simple enough, if you can get it off the suit it'll probably be obvious what the issue is.

My Typhoon (neoprene one) drysuit has a leak at my dump valve. It started not long ago but I don't see anything wrong on the exterior. I flushed it and washed from outside but still.

Any hints on what I should be looking at or what to do?

Is it leaking through the valve or it's leaking in between the valve and the suit ?

My Si-Tech valve started leaking in fully open position after I moved it and soaked in soap solution. Though when I close it 2-3 clicks it gives no trouble.

I always dive with it open so I am not sure. I guess I could try it with being closed first. Hmmm... will try this weekend.

I always leave mine closed until i begin the ascent or ascent enough that it needs to vent. Mine leaks occasionally from the valve, but the wrist leak much more that I can never really tell if it's the valve anyways.

I forget to close or adjust, so I leave it shut and vent through the wrist attempting not to lose a glove if I'm wearing them. My wrists always end up damp because of the tendon next to the pulse thing, and perhaps overzealous dumping. A friend dives in Scotland never uses gloves.

Is it leaking through the valve or it's leaking in between the valve and the suit ?

My Si-Tech valve started leaking in fully open position after I moved it and soaked in soap solution. Though when I close it 2-3 clicks it gives no trouble.

The si-tech valve on my Fusion started leaking after only a few months. My left arm would be soaking wet. When I turned the valve, I could hear a grinding noise inside that sounded like some kind of grit.

i used my new otter dry suit today i found my left aem soaked at the end of the dive i still need a few more dives in it to get the hang of it and how much to have the dump valve open if at all

i used my new otter dry suit today i found my left aem soaked at the end of the dive i still need a few more dives in it to get the hang of it and how much to have the dump valve open if at all
That's what mine did when the valve leaked. My shoulder was not wet. Just from the point on my arm where the valve sat down to my wrist, then on one dive where it started leaking when I was fairly deep, the water ran down my side into my left leg.
Why would you not open the valve?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom