Say goodbye to the Nekton Pilot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope John Dixon is extremely successful in using the Pilot in this manner, makes a bunch of money and HONORS his obligations to the folks who have booked trips on the Rorqual. In the best circumstances, he'd put money back into his business, refurbish both boats and return Nekton to it's old place in the liveaboard market. I'd return for another trip (or two, or three) in a heartbeat if he did.

Unfortunately the way things stand now, I won't even consider a trip with them.

I could not agree more, If he finds a way to fix/refurbish one or both of the boats, I would return to be a frequent customer.

I just received an e-mail from the Aggressor fleet advising that they are honoring reservations that divers have made for the Nekton charters. Divers would pay only the difference between what they have paid for their Nekton charter and what the Aggressor charter would cost.
Smart marketing, Aggressor! You will gain a whole new (and appreciative) customer base!

The Aggressor/Sun Dancer Fleet has stepped up to the plate. And for that I am truly grateful. However, those of us that were on the Pilot August 8-15, 2009 when the boat was stranded most of the time and we had to be towed in and were promised trips that we didn't have to pay for, we are still out of our time and money. Aggressor will take us on select boats but we will have to pay 50% of the cost. This is a good offer. I am not complaining. For those of us who were planning a carefree trip, all our expenses paid, since we paid already but we didn't get the product we paid for, we still have to come out of pocket with more money. We were/are royally screwed and we didn't even get kissed. Travel insurance did cover then and will not cover now what it cost us. I thought I would not say this but NEKTON TRULY SUCKS!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom