Rip in Fusion Tech skin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zekethesheik

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just ripped my Fusion Tech skin on a nasty bit of metal. (Glad I was in my Fusion, or else I would be wet.) Anybody have a hint on fixing it? Gorilla Tape? Sew? Arc welder?
Or should I just tell the spouse it's non repairable and I need to buy the Bullit skin?

Thanks gang

This indeed would be a good opportunity to upgrade to a Bullet skin:D however that being said the best method for a repair would be to have a patch sew over the tear, depending on the size and severity of course. Was it the Lycra or the neoprene that was damaged? if it's a serious hole you could always send it back to us for a fix, maybe let us know.
Thanks Doug,

I had the same thing happen recently but it was at the seem between the skin and the edge that attaches to the velcro. I sent it back to White's and had them do the repair. Looks great!

It was the Lycra... Sending it in would be great, but I use it weekly... What about duct tape to get me through this week, and then maybe a local seamstress?

Steve

Hey Steve,
I can't honestly say that duct tape would work or not, I've never seen it being applied on lycra before, maybe someone else out there has had experience with it, and could let us know good or bad. How big is the rip?

2-3 inches... My wife asks if she can sandwich some material over the area and run it thru the sewing machine...
Thanks Doug...
Steve

Back
Top Bottom