First Dry Suit Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SDiverJim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Well I can see why so many people enjoy their Dry Suits. I went to Dutch Springs this past weekend and participated in the DUI Dog Days. I only tried the TLS350. I had dove my 7 mil suit on Saturday for 3 dives and then had the opportunity to try the dry suit for 2 dives on Sunday. There were spots we hit that were 42 degrees F. My body felt great. Where my face was slightly exposed it was spooky cold!!! I did another dive toward my Night Certification but I'm now Dry Suit certified. I really had a great time!

I started my Rescue Diver Cert this past week (finished CPR, AED and Secondary care). I'm lucky to be with a good group of people (6) and 2 instructors. Its been fun and educational so far.

I'm really looking forward to my local Dog Day(s?). Everyone else seems to dive dry and I'm really curious.

Diving Dry is great, and if your face gets too cold just get a FFM and all is good. Glad you enjoyed your dives

+1, love diving dry, even in warmer water. Nothing beats getting out of the suit and not having to towel off :D Now, just add some DIY drygloves and you'll be set!

Happy diving!

Dry suit certified...now you have something else to spend money on...

Diving dry is great, especially with the water temps in the low 40's, like you mention. I still continue to dive dry until the temps get into the 60's. As someone else mentioned, it's nice to be done and dry. You can practically just jump in the car to drive home...no need to change/dry off.

I've been diving dry for about 2 years and for awhile I felt like I was struggling with the buoyancy...especially toward the end of the dive when my tank was lighter...but toward the end of last year and especially this year, I really feel comfortable with my buoyancy. This makes for some really great dry-suit dives.

Have fun with it.

John

In water under 50F the only thing that can beat a dry suit for comfort is a Pee Valve!!!!!

I used to be one of those guys who scoffed at dry divers. I originally learned to dive in Puget Sound and always thought I was warm and happy even on the crummiest of days up there. When I moved to Southern Cal, I wound up with an Apollo Dry suit via a sales promotion and have to admit that had I known what I was missing, I'd have bought my first dry suit "way back when" without a moment's hesitation!

You can't beat the comfort and warmth of your dry suit in any conditions. Even though in S. Cal I generally don't really need it during our warmer summer months, there is something to be said for stepping out of your dry suit wearing a hawaiian shirt and a pair of shorts and watching the faces of all those around you as you proclaim yourself ready to head off for some refreshments!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom