Apo Island/Dauin or Sipadan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like Apo Island, I've been there three times and stayed on the island. Liberty Lodge doesn't have 24hr electric and it goes off at 9pm but I've gotten five dives in a day there if you go for the night dive. You can search my flickr account for Apo critters. Dauin might have a nice night dive but the night dive on Apo is not to be missed in my opinion. I've always seen lots of eels (snake eels and various moray) and nudibranchs at night which is attributable to the healthy reef fish life there. I was tempted to check out Dauin this May but will be on Alona instead.

you can also see those at Puerto galera. sabang. Just took a lot of pics of the flambouyant and once before a blue ringed octopus. frog fishes a lot of them.
I also been to Apo island 3 yrs ago. It's a great dive site. School of fishes and macro diving. usually nudies. but i was not able to see flambouyant and bluee ringed octopus there. only frog fishes. during my 5 days trip. 12 dives.::popcorn:

Just got back from a week in Dauin at Mike's Resort. We did 3-dive day trips to Sumilon, Apo, and Siquijor Islands and 4 days of muck diving on the Dauin coastline. Can hardly see more variety in 7 days of diving anywhere in the world. Amazing corals on Apo, steep slopes and vertical walls on all three out islands, and all kinds of weird creatures in Dauin. Only small frog fish this trip - the large ones have been gone for about 18 months according to Mike, and no more diving at DuCoMi Pier but great nonetheless. Mike's is a nice family-oriented (his family) low key place. End of the season so only three divers most days - we got to chose where and when we dove. Highly recommended.

Hi mj,
Im one of the owners of Island & Cruise Adventure, Inc. We're a Scuba Travel Wholesaler in the Los Angeles area. We have a lot of personal experience diving in Dauin & Apo Island and have sent tons of divers to that area over the last 15 years.

As far as what to do, dutchpickle is right. Best way to do it is to stay in Dauin and dive Apo Island (approx 25min boat ride away) and a lot of the house reefs in Dauin are actually pretty good.

But wherever you decide to go, and if you would like your trip to be arranged, check us out and let us know if you need anything.

Take care

Ken
IslandCruiseAdventure.com

Hi mj,
Im one of the owners of Spam & Annoy Adventure, Inc. We're a Scuba Travel Wholesaler in the Los Angeles area. .... and if you would like your trip to be arranged, check us out and let us know if you need anything.

Take care

Ken
iamaspamminglubot.com

... guess I am the only one find this spammer on public boards pretty ... well enough said ... beer o' clock

If anyone knows a good place to stay in the Dauin area for 800-1200 php I'd like to know. The dive resorts seem to be on the pricier side and I usually don't spend much time in the room other than to shower, sleep and recharge camera, strobe and light batteries. I would really like to dive there and will concentrate on Dauin as I have been to Apo Island three time previously. It looks to be great muck critter diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom