Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ikelite Housing & CoolPix Camera $600

Moving WWII anchor to Savaneta $10,000

Entertaining hundreds of Scuba Board Members & reuniting lost camera with owner​

PRICELESS

How do you come up with this? I've read this a couple of times now and it keeps bringing a smile on my face. Great lines!

And to Toine: Nice to see you out here

It was a lot of fun, fun trying to help even when some ideas were wrong, but I got to hand it to AH! :medal: Many divers would not have bothered, and certainly not this much. I am one of many who would like to meet him.

You are welcome! This was awesome team effort and I am proud I was contributing at least a bit with useful information :) (finding website, got airport/plane info :)

AH deserves a lot of respect for his attitude and honesty while never gave up searching.
Regards to you all and thanks to Mandy (Keetje) pointing me to your "Scubaboard".

Wim de Boer, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

Last edited:
Besides the fact that it was an incredible effort in searching for the camera's owner, I was very pleased to see family pictures of which we were already forgotten that they were taken (Plaza Restaurant, Family on the sofa, our grandchildren's pictures).
We look forward to the original pictures, which album will now contain an amazing story.
I'am the diver on the photo in front of the Divi Aruba Resort.
My special thanks to Aquahound and all the SB-members who supplied AH with the leads to reach his goal. I think AH never have thoughts about an ending like this: Starting with Dutch Navy and ending with a lead to the US Navy.
AH deserves a lot of respect for his attitude and honesty while never gave up searching.
Regards to you all and thanks to Mandy (Keetje) pointing me to your "Scubaboard".

To my new Aruban friends, I'd like to think most anyone would do the same thing given the same circumstances.

I've only been to Aruba once. I'll make it back down there eventually. I'll be sure to look you all up. :)

So Aquahound......are you a diver?

So Aquahound......are you a diver?

Actually, I'm almost embarassed to say...no. I snorkel and free-dive frequently, especially when hunting spiny lobsters, but I have a sinus issue that prevents me from equalizing. Even while lobstering, 10 ft is my max before it's unbearable. I've been puting off the surgery. Kinda blasphemous, considering I live on the water in the Keys, only a few miles from Looe Key, huh?

Nothing to be embarrassed about. Just another thing in the list of things you did to get the owner of the camera their belongings back (i.e. tracking down SB, joining etc.). I can almost guarantee that if you ever take up diving, there a number of people here that would love to meet the person that initiated this process.

Awesome! This has been a really neat thing to be involved in. I know how much my pictures mean to me so I can definitely empathize with the owner having it come back to them. Great job!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom