Service for Ikelite A35

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slowhands

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a couple of these nice little A35 strobes. One is working, the other not. This is obsolete, I know, it just does a full dump from optical trigger, but hey, they are cute :) They have not had much use and look new.

I want to fix the broken one, but Ike does not support them. I am not sure how to open one up. I took off the front guard ring and encountered the lens, which has 4 holes around the edge. It would seem that a custom tool is used to twist or unlock the lens. Then I presume the guts pull out. Is anybody knowledgeable about how to disassemble the A35? I can try a lens spanner wrench, but I don't want to wreck this if I force it the wrong way. What's the secret?

Ike can look at it and provide an est. Usually $50.00 + parts. If the main board is bad, it is not repairable. If I can track down the component that is bad, I should be able to fix. I am one of the strobe techs.
Karl
Ikelite Repair tech

I don't think it's worth having Ikelite look at a $25 strobe. I'll take care of this myself. Just need some hints about dis-assembly.

Back
Top Bottom