Da Bunny is headed to Sanilac tomorrow! Pre-trip report plus post trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once I get a chance to post from a computer instead of my phone I will get some pics up. Some of them came out pretty decent. Another diver in our group got a great shot of my buddy with his camera dangling from his wrist and his housing in his hand. The confused looks were funny :D

While diving the Sport I looked over and saw one buddy pair practicing cross-legged hovers over the sand. They were just playing around off to the side of the new sign with a perfectly good wreck in front of them. I asked about that later and they said they had finished looking at the wreck and were killing time. Darndest thing I ever saw. I guess the camera they had flooded when they got in the water. No wonder they felt like there was nothing else to do. The Sport is pretty smaLl. I do know they didn't see all the little details.
Ber :lilbunny:

Tha Ra jine uh LOL! Still snickering about that one.

Well I did it, I actually had a good dive on her even though my buddy's camera housing opened and his camera fell out before we got to the wreck. Nothing like being nervous at the beginning of the dive and having to run a search pattern at 75 feet :D I also recovered a snorkel another diver in my group lost.

Visibility was probably 30 feet. We tied in to the stern and I took the camera along. I'm hoping I got some good shots of the prop among other things. My hands were so cold by the end of the dive I could barely work the camera. I had worn wet gloves instead of dry ones to reduce my stress level, leaving the camera wasn't an option :)

We swam from stern to bow along the sand then returned along the bottom of the inverted ship. I'm just pleased to have had an enjoyable dive on her, now I'm batting 50%!

Second dive was on the sport and I was a little shutter bug since the wreck is so small. Visibility was good here as well. We had calm seas until we came up from this dive then we probably had some 1 foot waves to deal with, no biggie.

Bottom temp on the Regina was 46 degrees and on the Sport it was 54 degrees. The thermocline is at about 33 feet. You couldn't ask for a better day!

It's about bedtime, will probably post tomorrows adventures on Monday. It's raining right now and I have a belly full of lasagna so I'm ready for a nap.

Thanks for posting your report, Ber.

This was the wreck you were telling me about when I met ya in Gilboa, right? I remember the odd name of it as I mis-heard the first time and the second time, heck all the times you said the wreck's name. :rofl3::rofl3:

Well I did it, I actually had a good dive on her even though my buddy's camera housing opened and his camera fell out before we got to the wreck. Nothing like being nervous at the beginning of the dive and having to run a search pattern at 75 feet :D I also recovered a snorkel another diver in my group lost.
It's about bedtime, will probably post tomorrows adventures on Monday. It's raining right now and I have a belly full of lasagna so I'm ready for a nap.

Well, time for an update. After keeping the camera in a plastic bag filled with moisture munchers for several days, the camera started powerring up, but having a blurry picture. It wasn't the display, since the menus looked fine. So, a few more days of drying out, and the camera is fully functional. Pictures come out fine.

So, max of 70 feet for a total of 36 minutes is not a death sentence for a camera!

And, I have been able to dehydrate all the munchers so they're nice and blue again. The hardest one was the one that was actually in the camera housing, and hence fully submered in water for 36 minutes. But, even it is finally drying out.

Ken
(And I was just getting my wife to accept the idea of a new dive camera . . . . )

I had that max depth at 76 feet :) I am amazed it actually dried out to fully functional. All hail the mighty moisture muncher! For that matter I can't believe the moisture muncher didn't fall out odf the case when the camera did. Folks this was not a simple flooded camera. He got my attention to show me the camera housing was open and the camera was GONE, not flooded, MISSING. The moisture muncher didn't leave the housing. Freaky, we were probably 50ish feet from where the camera landed when he showed me his discovery and that moisture muncher hadn't floated out during our swim.

Rabbit's feet are lucky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom