Just curious about quality regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaboard is notorious for providing unasked for information.

And in many cases, completely useless or blatantly incorrect information as well.

I have an AL Legend LX and I love it. I've owned 5 regs over the last 27+ years. I usually try to get 8 years or more out of one. My first was a Dacor Pacer XL, followed by a Scubapro Mark??/G250, then a Mares Abyss. Also have a '67 DA Aquamaster and an AL Titan for the pool.

I bought the Legend to replace the Abyss. While the Abyss was a great reg, I did notice that it "wheezed" a bit down past 120.... I wanted something that didn't do that...and our shop is an Aqualung dealer so we all know how that goes. A tech diver recommended the Legend...he said he had 2 of them, and they breath just as well at 180 as they do at 40. One of my very first dives on my new Legend was in Cozumel, so dropped down to 130 at Santa Rosa and was VERY impressed. Exactly as promised.

I really love my Legend....best reg I've owned. You won't go wrong with one.

This is how we learn, by asking questions. It is great to hear the professional opinions and advise from other experienced divers, on any dive related question. Some divers take things too personal. :no: :idk: :crafty: I did not mean to insult anyones intelligence.

When I said dumb, I was being somewhat tongue-in-cheek. No offense intended. But you must understand that both Sherwood and Aqualung each have made dozens of models of regs at many different price points, so simply saying "which is better" without specifying the model doesn;t make a lot of sense. And then you say "stick to the facts" which really made me chuckle because the only "facts" are that people will disagree over reg choices.

Anyhow, to try to atone for my flippant reply, I will offer you this bit of non-fact-strictly-opinion advice. Stay away from the Sherwood SR1; it's a new design, and while some of the earlier problems with it have been addressed, it simply has had too many issues in a short time to have established the type of solid track record that other, simpler Sherwood regs have.

Other than that, you'll probably be happy with anything from Sherwood or Aqualung. Make sure it will be easy to get whatever you buy serviced; that's something that adds up over time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom