Does peeing in a wetsuit cause health problems?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

However, refusing to pee in a wetsuit is a symptom of a deeply-seated neurosis that requires immediately psychiatric evaluation.

Hey, I resemble that statement. :D

Aristotole maintained that if you hold your farts in, you'll die. In that same vein, I reckon you'd find yourself a damn sight more uncomfortable if you tried to hold it in. Pee away. Make sure you rehydrate when you're topside, though.

No problem. As another poster mentioned, it sounds like you were dehydrated or were low on electrolytes(salt)... Keep fluids(gatorade, etc.) pumping while you're baking under the Sun. :D

Urine is fairly clean once it passes the urethra... It is composed almost entirely water, with some bacteria and nitrogenous wastes strewn in throughout.

Just wash everything out when you are done, and you wont have to worry about a weak ammonia/bacterial build up. You aren't diabetic are you?

Also, that's disgusting... GO PEE BEFORE YOU DON THE SUIT.

When Ya Gotta Go Ya Gotta Go:D
OTOH Could resemble chumming the water to certain sea creatures:sharkattack:

I would Imagine that the water pressure exerted on your body could cause some temporary cramping when emptying your bladder at certain depths:idk:

my dive buddy wonders why i drink extra large coffee and 32 oz gatoraide be fore the dive

water temp 52 wetsuit temp 84

enjoy

dont rent my suit

You know, I'd never met anyone who didn't pee in their wetsuit (swimmers, surfers or divers) until this thread...

However, refusing to pee in a wetsuit is a symptom of a deeply-seated neurosis that requires immediately psychiatric evaluation.

Either that, or it's a sign that the user has a Pinnacle wetsuit. If you pee in that, it's all yours until the zipper comes down.

Terry

refusing to pee in a wetsuit is a symptom of a deeply-seated neurosis that requires immediately psychiatric evaluation.

You said it pal!!
I am:
Warm water diver! I drink at least a liter of water on the way to the dive, and I have mastered the art of consuming a Capri-Sun U/W!!

Chug
Pees..and pees,...and pees some more.

Two type of divers, those that do and those that don't tell.

There are two kinds of wetsuit divers: those who pee in their wetsuits, and those who lie.

In Canada we refer to peeing in your wetsuit as "having a heat exchanger."

On a serious note - your urine is sterile (unless you have a urinary tract infection). It will not make you sick, so long as this (nutrient-rich, therefore bacteria-nurturing) fluid is washed away. Neoprene is waterproof, but the internal lining of your suit might retain a small amount of fluid - just flush water through the wetsuit a few times, during or after the dive, and you will be OK.

Back
Top Bottom