Anyone have a supplier for 'generic' VIS stickers ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting that any major shop would only offer partial pressure blending. Banking 32% makes more sense. Then again they can charge $$$ for O2 cleaning...

Thanks for the reply Richard.

I don't get the sense that Nitrox fills are all that common at this shop. I remember looking at the log book last summer and the most frequent entries were mine. I usually get 4 or 6 fills at a time so that might account for the log entries.

Things could have changed.

Richard

Guys, I'm not sure of all the in's and out's of VIP inspections. But I know this... Our VIP stickers at our shop have a unique DOT # imprinted on them. And, every Aluminum tank we VIP goes in a log book. DOT asks for that log book about every few months. I'm guessing that DOT would be our governing body. I know that no one in our shop is aloud to do VIP's except the owner, because he has been to the school. He's the only one allowed to do the EDDY test, and he's the only one allowed to sign the log book. I am told this is per DOT. I had DOT come in two weeks ago and go through our log book. I'm not sure what the heck he's looking for, but he did ask for it.

It is not DOT. DOT does not come into the picture except when gas cylinders are shipped across state lines, and even then DOT does not spec VIPs.

It is not DOT. DOT does not come into the picture except when gas cylinders are shipped across state lines, and even then DOT does not spec VIPs.

I'm absolutely certain it's DOT... Sec, i'll get you the number off the VIP sticker

DOT #V105118.

I have a PSI number too on my VIP sticker, but that's common. I have no doubt about DOT. They come in pretty regularly to look at our log book for VIP inspections.

I did not say that there was not a "DOT Number" on the sticker, you can print anything you want there. VIPs, are not, however, a DOT requirement, as far as I know. I have never heard of any other case where anyone from DOT looked at a VIP log.

I'm absolutely certain it's DOT... Sec, i'll get you the number off the VIP sticker

DOT #V105118.

I have a PSI number too on my VIP sticker, but that's common. I have no doubt about DOT. They come in pretty regularly to look at our log book for VIP inspections.

Are these stickers that are produced by the shop?

A google on the DOT #V105118 produces this: DOT #V105118 - Google Search.

Could it be that the shop has found a way to make the VIS look more "official"?

Could the inspector be the shops bookie?

Could it be the Florida DOT?

Interesting possibilities.

Are these stickers that are produced by the shop?

A google on the DOT #V105118 produces this: DOT #V105118 - Google Search.

Could it be that the shop has found a way to make the VIS look more "official"?

Could the inspector be the shops bookie?

Could it be the Florida DOT?

Interesting possibilities.

Stickers are produced by PSI
Not the shops bookie, all though that's funny
It could be FDOT. I'll determine that on his next visit.

*I go to work on Wednesday. I'll ask the owner what the deal is. We'll get to the bottom of this!

Guys, I'm not sure of all the in's and out's of VIP inspections. But I know this... Our VIP stickers at our shop have a unique DOT # imprinted on them. And, every Aluminum tank we VIP goes in a log book. DOT asks for that log book about every few months. I'm guessing that DOT would be our governing body. I know that no one in our shop is aloud to do VIP's except the owner, because he has been to the school. He's the only one allowed to do the EDDY test, and he's the only one allowed to sign the log book. I am told this is per DOT. I had DOT come in two weeks ago and go through our log book. I'm not sure what the heck he's looking for, but he did ask for it.

so can you snap a pic of this sticker and post it here?

I'm in agreement with the others. yearly Visual Inspections are not a DOT requirement but an industry requirement. so there would be no reason to put a DOT number on the visual sticker.

I won't post a picture because I really am a jerk to idiots on this forum, and i'd not want my piss poor attitude to affect our dive shop. But I will find out all there is to know about this log book and the DOT number.

The visual inspection is only a DOT requirement at the time of the 5 year requalification (hydro test) and does not require a sticker of any kind be put on the tank.
You can take that to the bank.

Back
Top Bottom