Pinnacle Freedom 2 durability????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Midge907

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am currently looking at my first drysuit purchase and am leaning toward the Pinnacle Freedom 2 suit. I will be diving in Alaska during the summer and winter months, in both fresh and salt water. My question is for the people who own this suit, I want to know how it has been holding up for you. It seems like Pinnacle almost talks down this suit as an entry level, occasional use only suit, probably to lean you toward the Evolution 2 which is $600 dollar more. Anyone want to throw some elightment into the subject, is the Evo 2 worth the extra cash, when I could use it toward tanks??? Thanks

Love my Freedom 2!!! I have been diving it probably twice a month for the last six months and its still going strong. And thats in the Pacific Northwest. I have never dived a Evolution so i cant comment but I give the freedom 2 thumbs up!:D

I've never dove the freedom, but I do have the evo 2 and it is absolutely bullet proof.

Thanks for the replies, my understanding is the two suits are very similiar in cut, except the freedom has lighter material and only one pocket. I'm sure a guy could glue another pocket on if he wanted.

I ended up ordering the Evolution 2 from Dive Right in Scuba today. The Freedom 2 was out of stock from the factory, so I decided to upgrade to the EVO2. I also ordered the SiTech quick clamp dry glove system which should be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom