AKR in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I appericate all of the input. Sorry things seem to of gotten personal. I certianly didn't intend it.

I am going to talk to my kids and see what they think. As long as they aren't concerned we are doing this over our actual anniversery then I am going to push it back to March. Or maybe up to early September.

I appericate all of the input. Sorry things seem to of gotten personal. I certianly didn't intend it.

I am going to talk to my kids and see what they think. As long as they aren't concerned we are doing this over our actual anniversery then I am going to push it back to March. Or maybe up to early September.

Please,
There is no need to appologize. If you plan March then the weather patterns the last few years would suggest later in the month are best bet and Semana Santa is not until later in April this year so it will not be an issue at all. If you wait till september the weather may be even drier yet often even warmer, You might sweat while diving.
IMNSHO I find March one of the nicest times, If it rains it is generally more of a afternoon or evening thing, It is just passing the rainy season so the hills and green areas are lush and green, later in the summer, weather may be great but the island is much more dry and brown.

Ok i have never been to Roatan but have always wanted to go. So my kids got together and are sending my Wife and I for our 30th anniversery to AKR but its in Nov. over the Thanksgiving break.

That in itself is not a big deal but I wonder how rainy it will be.?

Also with all the wet weather will that bring on more No see um's?

How will the diving be if it's raining alot?

wouldit make any sence to spend the money for the change fees and book it in march or April?

I hope it's nice because I'll be there the same week. Maybe the weather gods will shine upon us.

I dove Guanaja this past January and it rained several days that week but the diving was still spectacular.

WW

Who cares, its all wet underwater. OH .......and by the way.

I HOPE MY KIDS ARE READING THIS. That is F#@*ING GREAT !!!

Happy Anniversary.

Agree to an extent, especially if this is no special getaway but add heavy rains, cloudcover reducing light penetration and possible runoff all to hurt visability and some may not be impressed

I would agree if this was just a dive trip. but its not . Its my anniversery. and the 30th to boot.

I am sure the wife will not appeicate it if we get there and never see the sun.

me i would dive in black muck if it meant diving. she is going to want to do other stuff too.

ok so i just confirmed it. we are going to go in mid sept. AKR let us change it for $100.00 and continnetal charges us 150.00 each. so 400.00 total.not to bad but i think i was still worth it.

Yes my kids all 3 of them are awesome and they did great to pool their resouces and send us. I am really looking forward to it.

This was a great thread to read because I was wondering what was the best month to dive in Roatan. Our local dive shop dives somewhere for a week every month from Nov-Mar/Apr. (Tough job eh for the 2 owners)

I've kind of got my heart set on Roatan but not in January if the diving is just so-so. I'll have to see where they go each month and hope Roatan is in March. :D

Thanks again for all the info...

and Happy Anniversary Scuba 1456

Betty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom