The "Thanks" button is gone.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Please keep your comments on the topic at hand.

Gald to see the removal of the thanks button has returned SB to a harmonious community without all the devisive abused yet positive opinions even if they were originally said in jest.

Just a thought and it's totally up to you guys of course but I noticed you didn't include "Regional Travel & Dive Clubs". One of the posts I most often "Thanked" was a good indepth trip report. I really do find them useful as I'm sure do others.

Gald to see the removal of the thanks button has returned SB to a harmonious community

Thank you for these valuable posts.

We will be configuring thanks for these forums and their sub-forums:

• Introductions and Greets
  • Scuba Diving Central
  • Underwater Activities and Specialties
  • ScubaBoard Pro
  • Manufacturers Forums
  • The Equipment of Scuba Diving

You should really consider adding the thanks button to the hot chick thread, IJS.

That would be the
post_thank_god-1.gif
button for that thread... :thumb:

Just a thought and it's totally up to you guys of course but I noticed you didn't include "Regional Travel & Dive Clubs". One of the posts I most often "Thanked" was a good indepth trip report. I really do find them useful as I'm sure do others.
Very possible in the future. Let's try these first.

Pete, thanks for reconsidering this. I'm still confused about why the thanking ability needs to be limited to 'serious' threads only, maybe you could explain?

:confused:
srsly?

Very possible in the future. Let's try these first.
Next time, you will have to notify me in private before they go away. I can't be so lucky as to make a comment about it in the morning and have them gone in the afternoon the next time :wink:

Heck, I put days into charting out local wrecks for one of the regional groups a couple weeks ago and the "Thanks" I got from it kinda made me feel like I wasn't wasting my time.

Also, BDSC, Thanks

post_thanks1.gif

(Now, how to add "post_thanks1.gif" to my sig to mess with people who haven't noticed that the real button is gone?)

The other option was to just stay away from those threads where it was being "abused". I had no idea any of it was going on since I rarely, if ever, went into those forums. Not having the option to tell a poster with a simple click that what they said helped me or was of real benefit is stupid. I myself used the thanks many times with new posters who maybe would not have gotten that bit of encouragement. There were many valuable insights passed on by newbies. Acknowledging that is not bad thing. Hit the abusers not the entire population. PC is really getting ridiculous. That thin skinned? Stay off the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom