Help Identify This set of Regs (Poseidon)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadaddy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I got this old set of regs thrown in with some tanks that I picked up. Aside from the Poseidon logo on a few of the parts, there aren't any numbers (except on the back of the number 1225 stamped on the back of the first stage).

Can anyone help me identify the age or any other details about this set? I have googled for a while and cannot find any helpful info.

Trash? Treasure? Worth fixing up? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Attachments

• IMG_5103.JPG
    IMG_5103.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_5091.JPG
    IMG_5091.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5075.JPG
    IMG_5075.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_5057.JPG
    IMG_5057.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 71
It is a Poseidon Cyklon 300. Looking at the shape of the head of the yoke screw I would say it is from the late 70's.

The original Cyklon was introduced around 1957 and the second stage is still sold basically un-changed to this day.

That first stage is a unbalanced diaphragm.

It is a very good regulator, but very few techs know how to service it. Parts can be expensive also. It does have a reasonable re-sale value if you find someone that is interested. Some divers really like them... I used to be one of them... I still like the second stage.

From the pictures it is a Cyklon 300 for sure. I had a new one from the late 70's and used it till about a few years ago. The Cyklon was a simple design, great breather, and easy to service yourself if you could get parts. Luckily a LDS friend of mine used to sell them and he had plenty of parts. Somewhere on the net was a place where you could download a service manual but it escapes me the actual site. I would use mine still if I hadn't gone back to using a double hose reg.

The set is worth keeping and using if you can get it serviced, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks! I knew I could count on Scubaboard :D

I hooked the regs up to a tank last night and when I opened the valve one of the regulators started releasing air in short bursts, pop pop pop pop pop pop

The other seemed to work ok, purge button worked ok but I didn't want to leave the air open with the other one popping like it was (I don't know if it is going to blow apart or something lol)

I'll snoop around on that link diversteve, thanks!

Thanks! I knew I could count on Scubaboard :D

I hooked the regs up to a tank last night and when I opened the valve one of the regulators started releasing air in short bursts, pop pop pop pop pop pop

The other seemed to work ok, purge button worked ok but I didn't want to leave the air open with the other one popping like it was (I don't know if it is going to blow apart or something lol)

I'll snoop around on that link diversteve, thanks!

The first stage is creeping and the pressure relief, relieving pressure, is the pop pop pop. Get them thouroughly rebuilt.

Thanks again for the help. I found a manual online for reference, but have emailed the Poseidon retailers in my province to see if I can have them serviced locally, if the cost isn't too much I'll send them in. If the cost is too high I may just post it for sale on Ebay to see what I can get for them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom