Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, the story has a lot of human interest combined with several improbabilities so I can see it being picked up in a lot of news corners. Glad that it was, and glad AH was able to be SB mentioned on some after all. So cool to be the thread that crashed the board, even tho that's not especially rare - not common either these days. Just cool all the way around.

Glad you got that video up and out, even as long as it took; hey, you needed to learn video anyway huh. Also glad you ignored my suggestion and went with more public youtube. :thumb:

Since the Thanks button is back, I went back and Thanked a lot of new members around post 450-485 then ran out of quota. :(

Edit: I tried more after midnight but nada. oh well.

Last edited:
Like so many of us, I too have joined just to read this amazing story!

I had a first glimpse of it at a Croatian fishing/gardening forum pijanitvor[dot]com, and later found a brief reference on a Serbian news portal pressonline.

After I spent all night reading (almost shed a tear at certain points :chuckle:), I went back there and said a few good words to commenters (bulls**t, not true, paid commercial and such :bash: ).

Kudos to Aquahound and everyone else involved! There's hope for this world! :luxhello:

On the interesting side, have someone figured how many newbies like me joined, included those w/out any posts? Any clues how many countries this story hit so far? Would be an interesting sociology study... YT counts just over 2.3 mil, and it's been what, three weeks since published there? Whoah! :shocked2:

And one more thing: I'm not (or I was not) a diver, rather "a floater"; I always assumed that I'm too big (230+ pounds) for a swimsuit, but then I saw Big John's avatar - it's like that I saw myself all geared up for a dive :D
I'm gonna go and tailor myself one of those suits, ASAP!

Last edited:
AquaHound - I just wanted to add my 2 cents here to let you know how much I've enjoyed following your camera-owner search...since the very beginning. I found this thread through the posting you made on CruiseCritic as that is a forum I'm very active on. I don't know what prompted me to "cruise" over to the RCCL board one day (I don't contribute there because I've never sailed on RCCL) but I'm so glad I did. You have certainly become "forum famous" and now a YouTube phenom with that wild turtle video. It's got to be one of the greatest videos ever posted on that site. :cool2:

Your camera-owner search story ranks right up there with the Spanish fisherman who pulled a camera up in his net in the Atlantic. He posted a similar lost and found on CruiseCritic in the Cunard forum and after the BBC got involved, the owner was found. It's a very similar and heartwarming story. If you didn't have the opportunity to read that thread (on the Cunard board), you'd get a real kick out of it. Here's the link in case you missed it.

Found a camera and photos from qm2 - Cruise Critic Message Boards

People really love these feel good stories because I think there's a bit of arm chair detective blood in all of us. When you grab the interest of helpful people, it's amazing what can be accomplished. These stories renew our sense in humanity. :D

I found a camera in a rental car once. Called the agency, who wanted me to turn it into them, but I didn't trust them - so they gave me the last renter's info. It was his indeed, so sent it to him and he sent me a gift. Too easy, not nearly as much fun as this - but that was a decade before internet.

This thread has kept me from watching the World Cup! And that means a lot coming from me. What a great story!

I read the whole thread (though I skimmed some) and didn't see it mentioned, but Jimmy Fallon did a joke about this on Late Night. It wasn't a good joke (though I paused it right after the set up to go watch the vid!), it was something like:

"There's a video on youtube of a sea turtle who found a camera in the middle of the ocean, turned it on, and took a video of itself swimming away. ...after the turtle saw the video, he said, 'is that really what I swim like?'"

Not very funny or accurate, but whatever, it brought me here! Amazing story. A few suggestions for Aquahound:

- link to some of the accurate news stories in the youtube description (I read it!)
- put an annotation at the end of the video telling people to read the description!
- write your own accurate summary and put it in the first post of this thread (and maybe put it in the youtube description too)

Really interesting story but it's a lot of text to go through. Good job everyone!

great job, everyone!! i wish i had know you were doing this earlier, i had to read over 50 pages. did i say had? i wanted to. my dad told me about this, this whole convo was very interesting!
also, i am a newbie, and joined to read this forum, so include me in your count please!
once again, great job! all this effort... i wish everyone did this. the world would be a better place if it was filled with people like Aquahound and everyone who helped him! great job!!!

Just spend 2 hours reading 50 pages:) what a story, my compliments to all who solved this mistery.
Greetings from The Netherlands

Back
Top Bottom