I must admit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kixy1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm heading out to Roatan for this year's dive trip, and I'm very excited (and very lucky) But... I'm really missing Coz!

We try to go somewhere new each year, and there's something to be said about seeing new places, meeting new people, but there's just something about that Island! It wasn't the best Caribbean diving I've done, it wasn't the nicest resort. I just can't explain it. I want to go back.

Is there something in the water?! If there were only a way to fit TWO dive trips in a year!

I always fall for these threads with non-descriptive titles. You've done that to me before haven't you?

Yeah, it's great to try various locations but there is something special about Coz.

We went to Roatan this year, after 5 trips to Coz, 1 to Costa Rica, 1 to La Paz and 1 to Curacao thrown in since 2004. Last time in Coz was Apr-09 and I know exactly how you feel. Luckily we were able to do a second dive trip a couple of those times as you can see by doing the math. All the trips were great, but Coz is the only place I feel certain I will return to again.

I actually booked a week in Roatan at CocoView for myself and a friend. The closer we got to departure date the more I questioned NOT going back to Cozumel. I finally cancelled the trip to Roatan with a $$$ hit, and instead returned to Cozumel with ScubaTony.

There truly is something about Cozumel...

I agree. We were in Fiji last March and already committed to Yap and Palau next March, but one in our group said "let's return to Cozumel in August to take advantage of the low airfares and low SCUBA rates." So, we're going first week of August . . .

Friends are always asking me why I take the same vacation year after year.

:idk:

:D

Oh I still like to go other places, often do so, but seem to have a relationship with Coz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom