Diving in Austria??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dear friends, i'm going to Gruener see this weekend. who can tell me whats the situation there right now? water level is ok?
also, I'd like to visit other lakes nearby - Atten see and Wolfgang see. I know most diving shops are closed yet, but maybe, you know someone who can help - show diving locations etc. I have car, compressor, drysuit, can travel around

Definitly 7mm for diving in such countries like Austria and especialy if you use wetsuit

I will gather some more information aswel regarding Austria as I have friend of mine who dive in Switzeralnd wo went to Austria dived in a beautyfull lake and the hotel is a castle but I forgot the name of it, I'll post the right info as soon as possible.

Well just been to the Achensee lake in Austria , and i must say WOW on the area as it looked good , BUT dammm it was freezin cold for a summer day there 8 degrees eish. Didnt see much down there besides rocks and old trees , but wat a thrill for me to say i did cold water divin now :p Will i do it again NO THANKS will stick to warmer waters

Well just been to the Achensee lake in Austria , and i must say WOW on the area as it looked good , BUT dammm it was freezin cold for a summer day there 8 degrees eish. Didnt see much down there besides rocks and old trees , but wat a thrill for me to say i did cold water divin now :p Will i do it again NO THANKS will stick to warmer waters

8 degree in Summer.....:shocked2:

CB1F47B9-0F4A-4BC4-9638-B84947C300C2.jpeg
Logged two dives in Achensee over the weekend. Stefan at Hotel Post am See took great care of me, providing nice rental gear (I brought my yoke reg and he had an adapter) and lining up a guide for the dives. Had a great time, water got down to 44 Fahrenheit at depth, vis was anywhere from 10-35’. Never got cold in a 7mm two piece. Saw quite a few perch, and a few sunken curiosities like this skeleton fisherman at 60’.

Back
Top Bottom