Scuba Pro Twin Jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jjgibo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
So my LDS let me use a pair of scubapro twinjets over the weekend. I thought ahh what the heck, I was pretty set on getting some atomic aquatics liquid blues, but I will give these a chance(mind you I haven't tried the liquid blues yet). Anyways so we went off of portlock into a pretty hefty current especially with the big tide changes, the current was ripping pretty good that day. Anyways the jets seemed to push me through fairly easily with very little effort. I also found myself able to skull with them, all the things I could barely do with a blade fin. Anyways so I am pretty stoked about these twin jets and think I may get a pair of these now. Plus they were smaller than my blades, which actually I am borrowing from my instructor. Anyways I was just posting this up to see other peoples reactions, either liquid blue users or twin jet users. i got a few weeks to make my fin decisions. :bounce:

how are the spring straps, i am not too sure about them and it doesn't seem like anyone carries them or dives them here in hawaii, so i was kind of wondering. I do however like the fins, any more details about the spring straps, it is a bit pricey at 45 dollars, but it may be well worth it.

I made my own spring straps from 1/2" stainless steel bolts and spring stock from WWW.McMaster.com . They are awesome and cheap. I dive with either Jets or Twin Jets, and love them both.

jjgibo:
how are the spring straps, i am not too sure about them and it doesn't seem like anyone carries them or dives them here in hawaii, so i was kind of wondering. I do however like the fins, any more details about the spring straps, it is a bit pricey at 45 dollars, but it may be well worth it.

I am sort of lazy when it comes to making stuff, but NetDoc is right you can make them for less money. The majority of my dives are beach dives and it is worth every penny to have my fins on so quickly and easily. I like to stretch my strap on, and if you do that with a regular strap too many times it's going to break. I usually have both mine on and start kicking out before my buddy even has one of his on and adjusted.

Love my Twin Jets, and the Manta spring straps were a very nice addition. I would recommend both to anyone. Have never had a leg cramp while diving the Twin Jets--regularly get them with all other fins I have owned or tried.

theskull

I love my Twin Jets, I had a pair of Mares Volo before, but they're nothing compared to the new fins. I did, however, like the buckle system on the Volos better. Easier to put on in the surf I found, but that's nothing a good pair of spring straps won't fix. BTW, jjgibo, where'd you find Manta Spring Straps for $45? That's way cheaper than anything I've seen. Share please.

Mel
PADI Rescue Diver

Twin Jets! Why I love my Twin Jets. I got mine in extra fast black. Some people don't like them very much. They say that they're noy good going into the current and that you can't frog kick with them and that they kick up silt. You know what? I don't have any of those problems with them. Mine even back up.

melfox26:
BTW, jjgibo, where'd you find Manta Spring Straps for $45? That's way cheaper than anything I've seen. Share please.

Look at my post above, or check here

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom