Recommend softest mouthpiece please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I tend to get a sore spot down on the lower gum where the lower edge of mouthpiece hits. I think it's because my lower teeth are somewhat crowded and so the gum protrudes a bit where the crowded teeth are. A seacure mouthpiece only conforms to the bite line, not your gum profile below, so i'm looking for the absolute softest material at that lower edge of the mouthpiece. Recommendations? Anyone else get a sore spot and solved it? I do have a flexible hose on my reg already to prevent excess pull there. Thx in advance

I second trimming the mouthpiece. I had to trim a lot from my seacure to make it super comfortable.

Flip a seacure upside down (so the logo is on the bottom). It doesn't rub against your gums then... or at least it doesn't on mine.

Hi, I tend to get a sore spot down on the lower gum where the lower edge of mouthpiece hits. I think it's because my lower teeth are somewhat crowded and so the gum protrudes a bit where the crowded teeth are. A seacure mouthpiece only conforms to the bite line, not your gum profile below, so i'm looking for the absolute softest material at that lower edge of the mouthpiece. Recommendations? Anyone else get a sore spot and solved it? I do have a flexible hose on my reg already to prevent excess pull there. Thx in advance
I have a suggestion. Try remolding your SeaCure mouthpiece and when you are biting down to mold it, rock it up and down (nose to chin) a little. That will pull the material away from your gums and should make it more comfortable for you. You could also cut away the area a little, as someone mentioned.

Thanks all. Will try trimming.

Thanks all. Will try trimming.

With a little molding and maybe a little trimming, the Seacure will fit anything that's shaped more-or-less like a mouth. :D

As was mentioned earlier, make sure you have it facing the right direction (up or down) the two sides are offset slightly and depending on which way you turn it, will handle an overbite or an underbite.

flots.

Thanks! I'll try that also.

With a little molding and maybe a little trimming, the Seacure will fit anything that's shaped more-or-less like a mouth. :D

As was mentioned earlier, make sure you have it facing the right direction (up or down) the two sides are offset slightly and depending on which way you turn it, will handle an overbite or an underbite.

flots.

If that doesn't work, I was told at my local LSD the black colored seacure was a softer material.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom