using two transmitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dgsmith

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Aeris T3. I have one transmitter on one regulater set. I thought I could put a second one on another set and be able to switch the computer to which transmitter I want to use for that dive. You can do it if you sync to the program but you cannot do it by switching the DC manually. Has anyone found a workaround to change it manually besides move the transmitter to one reg set to another.

Actually the T3 can work with 3 transmitters.
You must pre program each transmitter's code into the PDC and turn it on as either one of your tanks or a buddy's tank. When set as your tanks you must also set the O2%. When set up properly you should be able to switch between your tanks during the dive.

I have a Aeris T3. I have one transmitter on one regulater set. I thought I could put a second one on another set and be able to switch the computer to which transmitter I want to use for that dive. You can do it if you sync to the program but you cannot do it by switching the DC manually. Has anyone found a workaround to change it manually besides move the transmitter to one reg set to another.
I think I understand what you're asking. . .

And you can do it within the T3 itself. To switch to the transmitter you want to use you would have to put the T3 in to menu mode. And in menu group "U" change the "TMT1" code to the transmitter you're using. The code is stamped on to the side of the transmitter (there may also be a sticker on the transmitter with the code). You would have to do this each time you switch between the different regulators.

My reading of the T3 is that Tx slot #1 is always the one you start the dive with. You can't start a dive with Tx slot #2 or 3, even if they are set to ON/Self.

So if you have two sets of regs (each with a Tx) and you decide to use reg set #2 for this dive, then you have to re-program the regs Tx serial number into the T3's Tx #1 slot.

If there is a way around this, using the T3's Tx slot #2 and #3 I'd also love to hear it as I use the T3 as well and had the same idea (and lack of success) with my OW vs pool reg sets..

I think I understand what you're asking. . .

And you can do it within the T3 itself. To switch to the transmitter you want to use you would have to put the T3 in to menu mode. And in menu group "U" change the "TMT1" code to the transmitter you're using. The code is stamped on to the side of the transmitter (there may also be a sticker on the transmitter with the code). You would have to do this each time you switch between the different regulators.

You're correct.

Can't do the multi-gas switch unless the computer is in dive mode.

I don't know what dgsmith is trying to do, but $300 is a lot of money just to put a transmitter on a second set of reg and then go through all the hassles of reprogramming the serial numbers for TMT1 between dives. It doesn't take but half a minute to spin the original transmitter off and thread it onto the second set of reg.

Fish out understands what I am talking about. I know I can just switch the transmitter between reg sets, but was trying to keep things simple. It would also be good to have a second transmitter as backup if one fails.

I have the Luna and it can be programed with upto 4 transmitors so if you are a techy you can have transmitors on your tanks, and stage bottles. That way as you approach your stage bottles in the water the computer asks you if you would like to pair with it. Sooooooo easy.

Fish out understands what I am talking about. I know I can just switch the transmitter between reg sets, but was trying to keep things simple. It would also be good to have a second transmitter as backup if one fails.

You're not keeping things simple by trying to reprogram the computer between two transmitters to TMT1. If you want an extra transmitter for spare then get one and keep it in your save-a-dive kit.

I have the Luna and it can be programed with upto 4 transmitors so if you are a techy you can have transmitors on your tanks, and stage bottles. That way as you approach your stage bottles in the water the computer asks you if you would like to pair with it. Sooooooo easy.

The T3 can be programmed to handle up to 3 transmitters. But that's not what Dgsmith was asking about.

I wish there was an even simpler method than the menu as well, but nope. I also have a back-up transmitter that has to be used from time-to-time and that's the only method I've found.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom