Congrats to Scuba Q

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I just threw up a little bit. :D

How about: Moody, Palawan, Ship Rock (as mentioned), Cape Charles, Santa Clara, the caissons, Hogan, Vet's Park :)P)...

You West coasters are so spoiled with your plethora of dive sites :D

What did you see at 150' that you can't see at 100' (other than way less fish and no sea lions)? If you want to deco the rigs, take 32% and O2. You'll see more and save a ton of cash.

Fat single of 32% and a scooter is the way to go on the rigs, IMO.

I've had some great tech 1 dives on the rigs. For a newly minted Tech 1 diver, the rigs offer plenty to look at throughout the entire dive including deco. Not a waste of gas or experience in my opinion.

I also like the above list - each has something cool to offer.

Steve

Looking forward to diving with both of you in the future, although perhaps not this weekend as I seemed to have picked up a head cold from somewhere.

Marc Hall

Well, that's three out of four, only Bob's left.

Congratulations Charles & Quintin - awesome job!

Where are we going for your first Tech 1 dive outside of class? Oil rigs? Ship Rock?

Looking forward to diving soon.

Best,

Thanks Steve looking forward to diving with you too.

I think I just threw up a little bit. :D

How about: Moody, Palawan, Ship Rock (as mentioned), Cape Charles, Santa Clara, the caissons, Hogan, Vet's Park :)P)...

I know Vet's Park was a joke...right?

That all sounds really good. Q; go check it all out for us so you're ready when we invade SD :wink:

Henrik

Working on it Henrik, working on it.

I know Vet's Park was a joke...right?

:D

I was mostly playing with Steve. I had fun on the rigs... that one time. Like Chris said, though, most of the "good" stuff was in the shallows.

I guess I'm just more of a "wreck" guy than a "metridiums on steel rods" guy.

They can offer some pretty stellar viz. I swear we had 80 feet out there (and probably more vertically).

I actually enjoy diving the oil rigs whether shallow or deep. I look at it as one big gigantic wreck. More than anything, I think that I enjoy exploring new (to me) structures whether manmade or natural. However, my standards are probably lower than you guys in terms of objects to dive, viz and conditions to enjoy a dive. I wouldn't necessarily take anyone's word on how enjoyable or not a dive site is. I'd go down and figure it out for myself. There are so many sites that if I listened to other people poo poo, I never would have gone and explored them myself and had great dives in the process. To each his own...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom