What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All my ex-wife's tech gear, she took it when she left.

The very first piece of dive equipment I invested in was the Legend regulator with the Suunto Cobra air integrated console mounted dive computer. Beautiful dive gear! The very first trip I took with it, it was stolen. My insurance company covered the loss, but I regret purchasing a console mounted dive computer. I learned a big lesson. Nowadays I wear my dive computer on my wrist.

I don't follow your logic. You say the Cobra is beautiful dive gear and then you regret buying it? Please explain your thinking.

Adam

I regret buying the Oceanic Delta 2 reg, which has had more than it's share of failures from leaking to drifting IP.

Adam

Steel 80. I really need a 100.

I thought the same and bought a 100 as well but as my experience level went up my SAC went down and I use the steel 80 far more than than my steel 100 these days.

I thought the same and bought a 100 as well but as my experience level went up my SAC went down and I use the steel 80 far more than than my steel 100 these days.

Hope the same goes for me, but until I get good with my air consumption, its going to be a lot of 30 minute dives, and buddies grumbling because they still have 1800 psi.

Custom-made Neoprene drysuite.

When I had every intention of diving in the UK, ha!

I cannot abide neck-seals, I thought I´d get over it, but the near pannicked uncomfortableness of trying to wriggle into the damn thing was made much worse when I eventually put on a bit more weight.

I threw it in the bin after 7 years and only a handfull of dives :depressed:

Mares "Dragon" BC. My Instructor recomended a weight intergrated jacket BC. Until you try a few things you don't know what works for you. I am now in a Hollis wing and realize how uncorfortable jacket inflate system are. Now I am free to move about the cabin!

Hydrooptix 4.5DD double dome mask: great idea and works great----except it leaks like crazy and only on one dive did it actually seal well. Can't they just take out those purge valves?

Also having to use contacts if you don't fit the design range. Maybe not a big deal for boat dives but hate going half blind on a shore dive, worrying about the surf, etc. Much prefer regular mask, being able to see on the surface, and not clearing the mask every other minute. If they improved the design, maybe give it another try but sold mine and expensive lesson learned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom