Best Lobster in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JoeinLA

Contributor
Reaction score
Been to Le Chef, which was really good.

Lobster House seems to have mixed reviewed; people either love it or hate it.

Anyone have any opinions"

Looking for the same info. Will be spending 10 days next month. All my brother wants is a great big lobster at a good price. Not looking for atmosphere just a great lobster. The Wyndham AI charges an extra $25 for lobster but betting it's a small tail.

Try Le Bistro (I believe also owned by Le Chef). It's on the corner of Calle 7 and Avenida 5. They serve a great lobster thermidor.

Looking for the same info. Will be spending 10 days next month. All my brother wants is a great big lobster at a good price. Not looking for atmosphere just a great lobster. The Wyndham AI charges an extra $25 for lobster but betting it's a small tail.

"Great big" lobsters aren't the really good ones - the bigger they are the tougher they are.

We really like Prima for lobster - always perfectly cooked. Surf and Turf runs $500 - $800 pesos ($40 - $60) depending on which size you ask for - but it is a really great filet and lobster and most often enough for us to share and walk away from the table "full."

Prima was the only place we ate lobster on Coz for a number of years...........then we found Albertos on the south side of the island not far from our condo. They do a great job as well but Prima is our favorite.

Aside from the lobster at Prima's being perfectly cooked, when you order a half pound lobster tail that is exactly what you get not a tail from a half pound lobster.
I do miss their central San Miguel location and their head waiter though.

We really like Prima for lobster - always perfectly cooked.

Amen to perfectly cooked. We miss the old location too, but the view at the new one is cool and you have the option of either inside or outside dining! Go enjoy theirs, it's so fluffy, sweet, delicate and oh so good with the drawn butter.:)

BTW, Prima is now located on the top floor of El Cantil condos. That's beside Cozumel Palace and across the street from the grocery store called Chedraui.

Back
Top Bottom