What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mares Proton Metal - I bought it new about a year ago and it's already been in the shop twice.

Stainless steel knife that is rusting.

One of those octopus holders that slides into the mouth piece. It falls out all the time.

Hope the same goes for me, but until I get good with my air consumption, its going to be a lot of 30 minute dives, and buddies grumbling because they still have 1800 psi.

Sounds like you have the wrong buddies...

That said, an HP100 is a more desirable tank than an HP80 (assuming you meant HP80 and not LP80), as an HP80 is very short....pretty good for someone under 5'-0", but not so great for those of us who are somewhat taller. Keep an eye out for an HP100 and try to flip your HP80!

ScubaPro mask with purge. Nice idea, but the nose piece is very rigid, making it harder to pinch for equalizing.

Incredible. Almost five years, one hundred pages and one thousand posts. Brilliant concept.

That my neo drysuit after a couple of seal swaps doesnt have latex yet.

and a computer.

It was not an equipment purchace. I came into the shop about 15 minutes before they closed and needed a tank fill for a dive the following morning. The girl behind the counter made her disgust in my late arrival apparent. Begrudgingly she took my tank and hooked it up. Little did I know that I had mistakenly brought in the wrong tank. I brought the one in that was already full. Now when she hooked my tank up to their cascade I was the only tank being filled. In other words, she could see that it was already full. In the mean time I was cruising the shop looking for any last minute do dads to make the ring up worth their time. I put a couple of individual use "sink the stink" packs on the counter while she rang me up. The following morning, 29 miles offshore two tanks into a three tank rig dive I discover and empty tank. Needless to say I was furious. Later that morning I went back to the shop to explain what had happened and fully expected them to say "Sorry for the mix-up. We will fill the tank now". Instead what I got was lip service. Very much in the tone of "Sorry buddy, your loss". I spoke to the owner of the shop and he said the same thing. Instead of blowing a fuse I decided to handle the issue here. I got the same response here. I will keep my mouth shut from this point forward and let my dollars do the talking.

My last BC, just bought it, a zeagle stiletto, now I want to dive doubles and cant with this set up. Should have gone to a BP/W deal right off the get go.

When I was very new to diving I had trouble with weighting and that "newbie" leg buoyancy thing...so I bought a pair of 2 lb leg weights which I have never used and probably never will unless I get a dry suit...:):)

Wow what a thread, my unemployed arse took forever to read it but it was amusing and informative!

I was able to try numerous set-ups and my share of rentals before laying cash down. Renting/borrowing has it's drawbacks, more notably -constant buoyancy changes.

My list:
jacket BC -history, now BP/W
Console computer -now wrist mount
Old AL80, got the shanghai when I didn't know better
SS1 -came with a used equipment purchase and actually had to use it once, then replaced by regular secondary reg. Flows great but too cumbersome.
I've been lucky with my eBay purchases, perhaps because I really check things out. Buyer beware!!

Also a member of the 'engagement ring/wedding ring/house/car/etc.. for the X' club. :shakehead:

I have to agree on hyper-stretch wetsuit materials, mine looks like a Lamprey grabbed me. I now use Velcro loop tabs to cover the Velcro hooks on the suit until I put it on. This is a PITA and the suit manufacturers could easily add tabs for this purpose, kind of like the ones some gloves have.

Titanium linings are great, you just need a dive skin to slide into them (and skin hides all the scars from my recent health issues, I'm looking forward to diving again)

Snorkel.

Sounds like you have the wrong buddies...

That said, an HP100 is a more desirable tank than an HP80 (assuming you meant HP80 and not LP80), as an HP80 is very short....pretty good for someone under 5'-0", but not so great for those of us who are somewhat taller. Keep an eye out for an HP100 and try to flip your HP80!

Yeah a steel HP80.
I don't have any buddies, yet. :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom