Buddy Commando BC's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tyesai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone have any experience with the Buddy Commando BC's? I'm thinking about moving full forward with this diving thing as I'm going to be living in Spain on the coast for at least the next 2 1/2 years. They seem to be popular over here in Europe and I've found some decent packages with quality regs and octo's going between $750 to $900. Wich seems about par for the course for other companies

I've read nothing but positive reviews of them. Most everyone says they are "bomb proof", fully adjustable, integrated releasable weights for 35 more euro's. They seem to run around the high end of the price scale compared to other companies top of the line models but most everything purchased in euro's is more money period. I've found a couple of packages with quality regs, ie MK25 S600 or the Proton V32 ice extreme with the console going for around $750 to $900 us dollars.

As far as the type of diving I'd like to do, I'm looking at the easy kind floating around in warm water looking at the pretty fish till I figure out how to not suck at simply floating around looking at them. I don't have much interest in cold water, caves, wreck penetration ect; ect;

I've done a search and I've come up mostly empty on this particular make and model of BCD on this board so if anyone has thoughts let me know. THANKS!

link: A.P.Valves

Look here for a current SB discussion: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...-weight-systems/343335-looking-great-bcd.html

Do you plan to travel with the BC (on a plane). If yes, you might find the integrated weight pouches make it very big.

I am unfamiliar with Buddy Commando BC's. I haven't heard of such a thing until just now. Could be my newness...

I hadn't heard of them till recently either, but it seems that a lot of people in Europe, but mainly the Brits swear by them. Just poking around for more info from this board. Lots and lots of members with lots of diving experience. I like the idea of integrated weight pockets as I have what I like to call a snake ass. I can't keep shorts / pants on with a belt sinched down so tight it hurts, you can imagine me trying to keep a weight belt with 25lbs or 11 kilos on it from falling of my butt. I did recently discover the weightbelts / suspenders so those are definetly an option.

I don't intend to do lots of flying in the near future as I live on the coast. I can walk to the Atlantic in 10 minutes and drive to the Med in 75 minutes.

Check the following link:

BC BUDDY TEKWING LITE - Divernet

Not the Commando, but may give you an idea of construction and feedback.
I have dived with a Commando Profile for years and have carried it to all corners of the world. It does what you expect of it and is bulletproof.

But be sure to check for the correct size. Give AP your measurements, they will advise. Integrated weights are purely a personal choice.

Secondhand ones may be a good buy too, as there is a lifetime warranty with Buddy. I could send mine back for a facelift and I'd get a brand new one for £45 or so. Try Ebay.co.uk or .de

You can't go wrong. It's popular in Ireland too.

Seadeuce

I could send mine back for a facelift and I'd get a brand new one for £45 or so. Try Ebay.co.uk or .de

Seadeuce

45 GBP = 68 USD which is insanely cheap!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom