Enriched Air compliant BCDs ?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know what is involved in having it serviced to be Nitrox "safe" but the hassle has me wanting to avoid Mares. PADI's Nitrox course makes it sound like a big deal to have a Nitrox compliant BCD etc.

Thoughts, (as I am a relatively new diver and a novice Nitroxee)? Thanks.

1. Generally to make something O2 clean one cleans out the minute amounts of combustibles that might have accumulated over time with an appropriate solvent. The o-rings are replaced with o-rings that are less susceptible to the wild ways of oxygen.

2. As a rule O2 cleaning is normally specified for use when the gear will see higher oxygen % than 40, i.e. tanks getting partial pressure blended will see 100% O2 and will have to be cleaned, but the regs won't as they're just getting 32% through them.

3. There isn't really such a thing as "nitrox" cleaning.

4. It's Mares' warranty. If you use nitrox in their gear it sounds like you will void the warranty. I don't know of other manuf. who make such a "safe harbour" statement but I would avoid this one or others who do if I cared about my warranty. :idk:

WOW! I have now heard it all....this is non sense. i do like the idea of O2 cleaning my wetsuite....:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom