Best diving locations...in the world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here in Bali we are very proud to have some of the most diverse diving imaginable. We have everything from the extreme drift diving on the North of Nusa Penida, Mola Molas during the summer months and the year long Manta Rays all within 30 mins by boat. On the East coast of Bali we have the world famous USAT Liberty wreck in Tulamben along with many other fantastic dive locations, many of which specialize in macro in the dark volcanic sands that shadow the impressive Mount Agung Volcano, most notably, Alamanda for its Pigmy Seahorses and Seray Secrets for the amazing Harlequin Shrimp. In the very north of Bali we also have mcuk diving sites that regularly turn up the most amazing macro life, Mimic Octopus, Tiger Shirmp, hairy Frogfish to name a couple!

With Blue Season Bali we can customize any Dive Safari around the best of Bali for you so you get what you want from your trip. Please take some time to look at the set safaris that we do offer and don't hesitate to email if you require any further assistance.

http://baliocean.com/en/dive_safaris.blueseason

Diving Bali | Dive Courses Bali

Here in Bali we are very proud to have some of the most diverse diving imaginable. We have everything from the extreme drift diving on the North of Nusa Penida, Mola Molas during the summer months and the year long Manta Rays all within 30 mins by boat. On the East coast of Bali we have the world famous USAT Liberty wreck in Tulamben along with many other fantastic dive locations, many of which specialize in macro in the dark volcanic sands that shadow the impressive Mount Agung Volcano, most notably, Alamanda for its Pigmy Seahorses and Seraya Secrets for the amazing Harlequin Shrimp. In the very north of Bali we also have muck diving sites that regularly turn up the most amazing macro life, Mimic Octopus, Tiger Shrimp, hairy Frogfish to name a couple!

With Blue Season Bali we can customize any Dive Safari around the best of Bali for you so you get what you want from your trip. Please take some time to look at the set safaris that we do offer and don't hesitate to email if you require any further assistance.

Bali Diving Safari | Ultimate Bali Dive Trip

Diving Bali | Dive Courses Bali

I've skimmed the posts but haven't seen Australia's great barrier reef mentioned. I always thought that was a premier diving spot. Has it lost its "glam?"

I've skimmed the posts but haven't seen Australia's great barrier reef mentioned. I always thought that was a premier diving spot. Has it lost its "glam?"
I call it the Good Barrier Reef. For great diving get outside the reef in the Coral Sea. Or go to Papua New Guinea, or Sulawesi, which are also in the neighborhood.

I've been diving in many places, but nothing compares with the dive trip I did only a month ago. I went with a group of divers to dive Glover's Reef Atoll, about 30 miles off the coast of Belize. The reefs were in pristine condition. I do a lot of science diving and can ID the majority of coral species found in the Gulf/Atlantic/Caribbean, and I have never seen so many types of coral, or as much coral, in one place. In addition, the sheer quantity and diversity of the fish was absolutely amazing. They offer many reef dives and wall dives as well. I personally love wall dives, so this was amazing. Better than any wreck you can dive... Also, not too far away is the Blue Hole which is quite the amazing as you descend into a hole in the Ocean floor that is ringed by stalactites and stalagmites... Definitely an amazing experience. Plus, if you decide to dive there you get to stay on a remote island for a week--not a bad deal if you ask me!

For Wreck Diving-Truk Lagoon (been here...best wreck diving and vis you are EVER going to see)
Big Fish-Papua New Guinea or Galapagos
Manta Rays-The Maldives

I've been diving in many places, but nothing compares with the dive trip I did only a month ago. I went with a group of divers to dive Glover's Reef Atoll, about 30 miles off the coast of Belize. The reefs were in pristine condition. I do a lot of science diving and can ID the majority of coral species found in the Gulf/Atlantic/Caribbean, and I have never seen so many types of coral, or as much coral, in one place. In addition, the sheer quantity and diversity of the fish was absolutely amazing. They offer many reef dives and wall dives as well. I personally love wall dives, so this was amazing. Better than any wreck you can dive... Also, not too far away is the Blue Hole which is quite the amazing as you descend into a hole in the Ocean floor that is ringed by stalactites and stalagmites... Definitely an amazing experience. Plus, if you decide to dive there you get to stay on a remote island for a week--not a bad deal if you ask me!
Well, if cozumel (which a lot of people speak very highly of) is close to representable of the caribbean - which to be honest, except from scale, I didnt find to be as good as cancun - thats just miles behind the quality of the red sea. That being said, its been a few years now since I was at cozumel and cancun so it could have gotten better of course..

Port Hardy, BC

There is a reason why Cousteau said Vancouver Island was the 2nd best place to dive in the world after the Red Sea. Scuba Diver Magazine has Vanouver Island as the best place to dive in North America. Diving here isn't about beachside Mojito's, but then the question was best place and there alot of places behind Vanouver Island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom