Hello from Lewisville TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flotzilla

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Wanted to say hello and quick intro.

Relatively new to diving. Always had an interest and finally 'got off the couch' and did it. Looking to increase water time and learn from the more experienced.

Look forward to getting wet soon.

Wanted to say hello and quick intro.

Relatively new to diving. Always had an interest and finally 'got off the couch' and did it. Looking to increase water time and learn from the more experienced.

Look forward to getting wet soon.

Hi Flotzilla,

Welcome to Scubaboard and to diving!

I live in the Lewisville area... what dive shop did you learn at? My LDS is DiveMonster Scuba.

Hey Flotzilla,
I am just south of you in Mansfield. Welcome aboard.

Damn....he's so far north, that one of them there yankee texans...we don't see many them types down san anton way.....welcome

All,

Thanks for the welcome.

Bryan,

I did my OWD and AOW through Scuba Frisco Sports mainly for their competitive pricing. I feel my instructor was very knowledgeable, experienced and skilled. I don't know if it's normal, but I get a strong 'what else can we sell you' feeling versus 'your are ready for this next step' from the management. For example, they are already talking to me about rescue diver certification. While I find it interesting, I think I need to gain a lot of experience first.

I did my enriched air through DiveMonster. I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and they were great. I will definitely consider them for any additional training. They are much more convenient geographically than Scuba Frisco Sports.

Safe diving!

Hi Deepwater,

Just for the record, I did the mandatory Texas three step -
Houston 95 - 98
Austin - 98 - 01
Dallas - 01 - Present

Safe diving!

Back
Top Bottom