Straps, buckles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leam

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with Strapworks.Com (http://www.strapworks.com/)? I want to re-strap my backplate and add a plastic buckle on the right shoulder strap. As is my strap always gets caught on my sleeve and I can't get in or out without help. That's not a great way to go when you're on the end of line.

Thanks!

Leam

Has anyone dealt with Strapworks.Com (http://www.strapworks.com/)? I want to re-strap my backplate and add a plastic buckle on the right shoulder strap. As is my strap always gets caught on my sleeve and I can't get in or out without help. That's not a great way to go when you're on the end of line.

Thanks!

Leam

Great company, great prices. I've bought a bunch of equipment from them with no problems.

Ditto... I ordered a bunch of strapping, buckle parts, and -- I think -- an awl from them a few years ago to customize some BC waist straps. No problems at all.

Well, okay, I'm an idiot...

Strapworks did their part perfectly, they sent me exactly what I ordered and rather quickly too. However, I asked for the 2 inch wide strap to redo a back plate and totally forgot to think about the thickness of the strapping! So now I have some nice strap and am wondering if anyone's ever run a backplate with the thinner strapping you use for low angle type stuff? I'm certain it's strong enough, but very supple.

Unlike my brain...

Thoughts?

Leam

Do a search on eBay for Webbing Back Plate....
There's some heavy duty stuff on there cheap.

Well, okay, I'm an idiot...

Strapworks did their part perfectly, they sent me exactly what I ordered and rather quickly too. However, I asked for the 2 inch wide strap to redo a back plate and totally forgot to think about the thickness of the strapping! So now I have some nice strap and am wondering if anyone's ever run a backplate with the thinner strapping you use for low angle type stuff? I'm certain it's strong enough, but very supple.

Unlike my brain...

Thoughts?

Leam

Deja-vu. Same thing happened to me about six years ago, I think with StrapWorks too, when I was looking for strapping to replace on my wife's mid-1980s vintage BC -- it was built around 2" strapping.

I think I ordered polypropylene, not realizing how much softer it was than the original nylon.

Finally ended up just replacing her BC with a modern one.

Back
Top Bottom