Wearing a Watch With a Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rand

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have a solution to getting a timing device to fit over a drysuit?

I have a console computer and a backup wrist computer, but neither offer useful timing functions, like a stop watch, and I find that I sometimes need to time events underwater, like when students are doing their fin kick cycle runs.

I was thinking of taking the band off my watch and somehow running some bungie cord through it, but it's got some sharp edges that are exposed when the band is removed, plus I'd prefer not to chop the watch all up in the process.

Another thought I had was to tie the watch down to a piece of curved PVC and then run bungie cord through the piece of PVC.

I have seen Velcro watch straps that are long enough to fit around a drysuit arm. I tend to connect run my watchband through my chest d-ring. It is easy to access and read.

countycomm has zulu straps specifically meant to be worn over a drysuit.

I usually just strap it around my wrist like I do out of the water and let the glove cover it. If I need to look at it I roll the glove.
Of course if you're wearing dry gloves the above is null and void.

I have a second watch band that I swapped the ends on (You only use half of the new band). It lengthens it nicely for a whopping $12 cost. Thanks flea bay.

Sell it all!! Get a hoseless with better timer and an SPG to back it up. :D Not sure how to do bungy with a watch. DSS often sells great mounts but don't think they make watch size stuff.

Velcro does not do well in sheer, I found this out to my dismay when I lost a rather valuable titanium Citizens when I lifted my arm and the air expanded it and popped the watch off. I now use the same sort of neoprene instrument cuff that I use for my wetsuit.

Velcro does not do well in sheer, I found this out to my dismay when I lost a rather valuable titanium Citizens when I lifted my arm and the air expanded it and popped the watch off. I now use the same sort of neoprene instrument cuff that I use for my wetsuit.

ouch... good to know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom