hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jclomi1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey
It has been a while since I posted but here it goes I have now 6 dives under my belt and love it. I feel I have my weight issue set for now. Just got a new BC Cressi travel and one question- when I start my decent it seems like I dont totally let my air out of my bc and because of this I dont go under . Anyhow is it possible I am hittimg my inflator and defaltaor button at the same time without realizing it and also does rough waters make it harder as well. Currents on top I mean. Because as soon as I let the air out I dont go under right away am I doing something wrong or more weight
Thanks I hope I am making sense here
Thanks
Jeff

Letting air out of bcd with one hand, squeeze it anywhere with the other to push out a little more. With a jacket BCD you can even arch your back slightly and push air out of the right hip side of bladder. Additionally, exhale as deeply as you can. Make sure you're not subconsciously finning even the slightest amount (common). Lastly, when I first started I had a problem timing my full exhale with when there was enough air out of bcd. I ended up going head first many, many times until I got the hang of it. Just keep at it.

You say your weight issue is set for the moment. Is this because you did a weight check at the end of a dive? If you did it with some other method, do it again with a near empty tank (~500 psi).

Hi
Thanks for the response I am going to try that next time when I go out. And also exhaling take a deep breath in and then exhale long right? Anyhow Im going to go practice at the pool at the lds they know me by now and said if I ever need to practice call them so I am
Thanks
Jeff

Is there another dump on the Cressi that just dumps air? Sounds like you are using the power inflator hose to dump your air in the BC (which is OK), but if you are hitting the power inflator intake, this could be holding you up. If you have multiple dump valves, try one that just vents the air out of the BC. I really don't know the exact Cressi BC you are mentioning, but I'll search it on their web site. Good luck.

Yes, this bcd has 2 shoulder dump valves and another on the hip. You could try using the dump on the other shoulder by pulling the knob on the right hand side if you prefer the feet first descent or you could use your lower dump and try a head first descent from the surface. Either or even a combination of both should help a great deal.

Yes, this bcd has 2 shoulder dump valves and another on the hip. You could try using the dump on the other shoulder by pulling the knob on the right hand side if you prefer the feet first descent or you could use your lower dump and try a head first descent from the surface. Either or even a combination of both should help a great deal.

Sounds like my Nighthawk, and also my Stab Jacket. I would think most BC's have these options as standards.

Make sure that the dump valve that you are releasing is the highest part of your body. Sometimes you can get a pocket of air in your BC that can't vent because of your position and you need to move around enough so that it can get out.

ah that last response sounds a lot like what might of happend. Im going to do some practice with it in the pool the next couple of days just to get used to it let second nature. I have been using the rental bc which I dont think is that much of a difference. I guess its all a learning curve. The way I look at it you have to learn from my mistakes. The more practice the better you get. Ill try this out saturday im going to the city of richmond out here in murrells inlet so Ill do all the above in the pool just to get used to it
Thanks again all I will repost on sunday or monday and let you know how it all worked out Im sure it will all be fine
Happy Diving
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom