what to do after diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A really fun thing to do while not diving is home repair , one that I am all jazzed up about, Is scraping and painting some walls that have not been treated well by the salt spray and to make it more exciting I will be putting up some high end metal roofing as paneling in the tower of my home, MAN!!!! This is gonna be a blast so if you want to get involved make sure you let me know early as I am sure the space will fill up fast. Do NOT miss out on this land based fun, I even provide free use of scrapers, brushes and drill drivers. :D

A really fun thing to do while not diving is home repair , one that I am all jazzed up about, Is scraping and painting some walls that have not been treated well by the salt spray and to make it more exciting I will be putting up some high end metal roofing as paneling in the tower of my home, MAN!!!! This is gonna be a blast so if you want to get involved make sure you let me know early as I am sure the space will fill up fast. Do NOT miss out on this land based fun, I even provide free use of scrapers, brushes and drill drivers. :D

Now that sounds like a lot of FUN! Just think a chance to hang out with the locals and experience some of the islands customs.

To get the party started I will sign up first. But if for some reason I am late feel free to just go ahead and start without me and you can tell me about it later. :D

we rented motor bikes from Capt Van's in West End. go for the enduro's as the scooter's look a little underpowered drove from one end of the island and back. Be advised that these bikes are not in showroom condition but worked fine. At the east end of the island you go from concrete, to asphalt to gravel to dirt road to dirt track. When you hit the Ocean turn around and go back. Also watch for dogs, kids, chickens and goats. None of them will get out of the way

we rented motor bikes from Capt Van's in West End. go for the enduro's as the scooter's look a little underpowered drove from one end of the island and back. Be advised that these bikes are not in showroom condition but worked fine. At the east end of the island you go from concrete, to asphalt to gravel to dirt road to dirt track. When you hit the Ocean turn around and go back. Also watch for dogs, kids, chickens and goats. None of them will get out of the way

I was thinking about doing just that. Did you rent for a single day or multi? We are going to be staying at AKR and I was going to ask them if there was a place to keep a scooter there if we rented for a few days. My wife is a non-diver and I want to make sure she has enough options in the afternoon to keep her busy. We would also like to spend some time seeing the island and what it has to offer.

We just got back from FIBR. If you plan on diving all the dives then you really don't have time for much else. We did take a taxi into West Bay and West End on Friday since we only did 2 dives.
Besides that we were pretty much ready for bed after dinner. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom