Galileo and Apnea update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jh_MacLeod

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi,

Has anyone with the Uwatec Galileo installed the Apnea update?

I have the Luna, so my firmware is already up-to-date. I do not have the heart monitor, but PDIS is already functional and I found a PDF that explains it
(although I think it is ridiculous they didn't update the Luna or Sol manuals).

Anyway, I have several questions regarding the Apnea installation.
Once you've completed the online application, what happens?
What do they send you and what is the procedure for installing (or unlocking) the new features? From their poor online explanation, I don't understand.

I tried registering for Apnea online today from work, but the submission didn't seem to go through.

Thanks, John

I updated mine. They sent a firmware updat to me via email if I remember right.

Jeff

Your memory is doing OK Jeff.

Uwatec France sends another encrypted upgrade file via the email response (it took a day or so, before I got the response to the online form). You install it through SmartTRAK the same way that you did upgrade 1.5. The difference is that you won't see the progress on the SOL's screen. It will simply say "SW Upgrade successful", when it's complete.

Your memory is doing OK Jeff.

Uwatec France sends another encrypted upgrade file via the email response (it took a day or so, before I got the response to the online form). You install it through SmartTRAK the same way that you did upgrade 1.5. The difference is that you won't see the progress on the SOL's screen. It will simply say "SW Upgrade successful", when it's complete.

Okay, thanks guys. I figured it had to be an additional firmware installation.

Did mine yesterday via the Uwatec UK site using smartrak, also printed off the additional manuals that come with the update, all went just fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom