deal on HP steel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although it is more expensive, buying new at your LDS usually includes shipping costs, a fresh hydro, fresh vis, fill, and choice of valve. Some or none of these things are available on line or when buying used. But boy when those used Worthies come up on a local list jump at them!

Also, if your local community/LDS is keen enough, maybe you can pre-sell a pallet of tanks and everyone can save on shipping. All the tanks don't have to be the same, i.e. 40's, 80's, 100's, etc.

Usually I see online deals on the faber FX100, I own one and its a very nice tank, nothing wrong with it at all. I have to wonder about shipping to Canada, though.

What I REALLY need to do is move to the Coast...

Of course if you find some nice used cylinders you can at least use it as an excuse for a road trip to the coast.

As for buying something HP100 are the defacto steel standard. Also very reasonable as doubles.

I would not hesitate to buy used. I have bought 6 steels that were used. All Faber and they were just fine - I like them better than Worthington for their buoyancy characteristics.

Of course if you find some nice used cylinders you can at least use it as an excuse for a road trip to the coast.

As for buying something HP100 are the defacto steel standard. Also very reasonable as doubles.

I would not hesitate to buy used. I have bought 6 steels that were used. All Faber and they were just fine - I like them better than Worthington for their buoyancy characteristics.

Worthington HP 100's are -10 full and -2.5 empty only weigh about 32Lbs on land pretty good IMHO, whats the buoyancy characteristics of the Fabers?

Worthington HP 100's are -10 full and -2.5 empty only weigh about 32Lbs on land pretty good IMHO, whats the buoyancy characteristics of the Fabers?

bluesteelllc.com

Note: the buoyancy are measured without a valve so add a couple of pounds same with weight. BTW I dive with LP cylinders.

My Worthington is made in Canada. Maybe you can contact them. Pehaps there is a dealer between you and them that can make you a deal, and reduce shipping. I'll see a good price on an out-of town tank and shipping erases the good price.

I own Worthington and Faber. Both brands are good. The Faber white exterior is tougher than it looks. Small rust appears in my daughters Worthington X-80 and requires "whipping" at VIP. I like the Faber, as it costs a lot less. That Dixie Diver's price is a good one.

Thanks, Stu.

The irony of steel tanks made in Canada being cheaper in the US has not escaped me.

I'll keep on hunting for tanks.

My LDS has a great sale once a year. 119cuft Worthington for $295! I'm picking up another one in a week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom