identify the age of a ss200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cfcstl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am having trouble understanding where to look for the age of the ss200 I am interested in buying. I am reading the comment and update page for the 200 but I am not sure of the exact location of the numbers.
I am not sure where to look from this quote, "These strobes are identified by the number 1099 stamped on the horizontal surface beside where the battery pack installs."

I have seen on the back of the strobe battery cover the location for the serial number, but is the other number stamped on the end of the black panel where the power switch is located?

I am asking for the number from a seller and he is only giving me the serial number. I see something that may be stamped next to the power switch but I can't read it from his photos.

After 1999, does the number 1099 change or is this the latest version reference for the ss200?

Back
Top Bottom