Boycott Starbucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A2K

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My wife was refused an interview at Starbucks today for being 5 minutes late. The reason she was late was because she stopped on her way to the interview to take a call from me. I'm in Afghanistan. When she arrived to Starbucks the manager absolutely refused to see her and didn't give her the opportunity to explain the situation. Starbucks is a company notorious for supporting other countries, but not giving back to the country their home base resides in. For these reasons, and I'm sure there are plenty more out there, I encourage all who read this to boycott Starbucks. I serve alongside men and women who will give their life for their country. Starbucks turns their back on them.

Way ahead of you sir.
I will not step foot into one of the places even to drop off a load.
Chug
HATES STARBUCKS!
Loves Dunkie D's.

A2K ... have you contacted that Manager, and also Starbucks?

I think making a bit of "noise" is in order here

A2K ... have you contacted that Manager, and also Starbucks?

I think making a bit of "noise" is in order here

I agree.

Hope your wife gets a job at a better place!

I have had reasons not to hire job candidates. Always took their CV's and thanked them. there is a minimum of respect due to someone in need who has the will to work.

Unfortunately, we will never know Starbuck's side of the story. What we do know is that somebody was late for a job interview in a place and time where there were probably dozens of applicants for the job who weren't late. It's a bummer for sure, but to turn that into a statement that Starbuck's turns their corporate back on American military personnel? Give me a friggin' break.

Back
Top Bottom