Online Test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

desert_gold_hound

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
OK I hope this hasn't been asked before but the search is giving me an error so I couldn't use it.

I am taking my online SDI test. It will be around a month before I take my pool and check out dives and I was wondering if I finish and submit my final test will I still be able too load all the stuff so that I may still review it all?

EDIT: Sorry all I found out on my own because when I went too take the test it told me I had 6 months too review it after I passed.

Last edited:
First of all, good luck in the confined and open water modules! And welcome to the SDI family of divers.

You should have access to your onLine profile including end of chapter quizzes and final exam identifiably according to our training standards. I'll speak with our IT department and ask them to check the information on SDI-Training to make sure it reflects our policy.

Should you have any other questions or need information about your course or further diving education, contact your local SDI facility or us here on ScubaBoard.

I am not pleased with my score only 91% and I feel that if I cant get 100 then I don't deserve to be under water so I am going to read the whole thing over and over and over and over until I know it word for word. I read it through 2 times today and will read some more tomorrow. Every thing I missed came from two chapters so those are where I will be putting my attention. I really feel they should make everyone get 100% in order too pass, however; I guess my instructor will make sure I know what I need.

Your instructor will (should) go over the test with you and ensure that you have a complete understanding of the questions you missed.
Enjoy the rest of your course.

Scott

Moderator's Note: Scott, no should about it. The instructor MUST review the test. Dive safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not pleased with my score only 91% and I feel that if I cant get 100 then I don't deserve to be under water so I am going to read the whole thing over and over and over and over until I know it word for word. I read it through 2 times today and will read some more tomorrow. Every thing I missed came from two chapters so those are where I will be putting my attention. I really feel they should make everyone get 100% in order too pass, however; I guess my instructor will make sure I know what I need.

Don't beat yourself up over it. Concentrate on getting the 100 percent in the water where it really counts! :wink:

When your instructor reviews the examination with you, he/she will focus on topics that caused issues... however minor those issues may be.

By all means reread the subject matter, but at an open water diver level it is enough to understand the basic concepts and have them boiled down into a handful of essential knowledge nuggets to help keep you safe and the activity fun.

Sounds like you want to be more than just 'a diver;' sound like you want to be a good diver. My suggestion would be, put down the books and spend your time in the pool with a pair of fins, mask and snorkel and log a few dozen laps!

Have fun on your course... this is just the beginning of your adventure.

No I don't wont too be a good diver I wont to be a diver that knows how and can react too any situation that may show its ugly head. I like living on the edge no matter if its rock climbing, sky diving, or scuba. While the sports I may like are considered risky I pride my self in taking each and every safety precaution there is including education. Without education no safety device works, no plan is worth the time and no action is worth while.

Taking laps around the pool is good advice and I will take your advice. Steve as a professional in the industry you know more then myself and your advice means a grate deal too me. So please give me all the advice you have. I would love too pick your brain.

Steve as a professional in the industry you know more then myself and your advice means a grate deal too me. So please give me all the advice you have.
I've been trying the same for the last couple of years. But he has a lot!

Online...your Instructor may not know what you need to know. Good luck as your town is well known for online classes and then no certifications. Look up here on scubaboard online scuba...lake havasu...bwana...and a few others. Also, check all the agencies and see if any Instructors in your area have ever been sanctioned, suspended or permanently revoked from teaching. A 91% on a test without Instructor input is pretty good. Your practical application and experience diving with others will help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom