Scuba diving Lake Amistad in Del Rio, Tx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laredo Scuba Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Laredo Scuba Diving Club will be traveling to Del Rio, Texas to dive Lake Amistad, July 31, Saturday. We should arrive in Del Rio from Laredo by 12:30 p.m.

Our July dive to Lake Amistad was cancelled because of severe flooding and bad weather. Pray for good weather.

All divers are invited. :) :cool2:

Rene,
Divemaster

What is diving there like? Shore or boat or both? Is there air & rentals nearby?

I was thinking about stopping by in August, but have never been there.

Lake Amistad had 20 feet visability in June. There is a dive shop in Del Rio, Texas. I do not have their phone number. They have a web site called Del Rio, Dive club. Most divers do a shore dive. You can boat dive.

Rene,

Would just like to point out that any non-citizens diving Amistad would be well advised to take their green cards or passport with US visa with them.
There are Border Patrol checkpoints outside Del Rio and Border Patrol boats on the lake.

Not having the required documentation on you is likely to result in lengthy delays. (Any guesses how I know this?? :D )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom