AquaLung Slingshot Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wader

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone used these fins and if so to what extent? Are there any concerns that the sling will break or get lost on a dive? I am looking for some new finds and find these intriguing.

I have over 300 dives on mine and love them. I used split fins before and really like the control and thrust I get from the slingshots. To date I have had no problem with the sling, but I did add a spare set of slings to my dive kit this year just in case.

I have a pair and I like them --they are find fins. I stopped using them when I got a pair of APS Mantaray fins. The Mantarays are as comfortable as the Slingshots but they seem to have more power.

Jeff

mine are great, great for all kick types without hurting my bad knee's

I had a pair of these fins and actually really liked them, I'd guess mine did about 200 dives and the slings were still intact - one even had a big slice in it which I had expected to break soon afterwards - it didn't!

I've moved back to the good old ScupaPro jet fins again now, although I'm pretty sure for any single tank dives I'll be using the slingshots again.

The main benefit of the slingshot for me was the 'feel' and level of control these fins give in little/no current, for stronger current I guess there's more power but there's not too much difference IMO.

Karl

Back
Top Bottom