Curaçao Lodging and Car Rental Recommendations including Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could be misinformed but on Bonaire you can not use a car for diving. Rental companies (ABcarrental for sure) state this as part of rental process.
If money is not a problem I'd also look at Bellafonte Chateau de la Mer on Bonaire--very nice , right on the water , quiet and south of town.
enjoy and can't wait to hear about your trip.

It doesn't seem that the terrain requires a pickup, and with just 2 divers, it seems that a car with a decent trunk would provide more safe locking of gear, etc. Any experiences to share?

For shore diving in Bonaire you want a truck. You will need the higher clearance a truk provides for a great many of the divesites as once you leave the road to park you are "off road" and there are ruts, uneven terrain, etc.

In terms of safety and locking gear... the truck is either moving, or your gear is on your back.

:)

Also, don't discount the utlity of the back of the truck for gearing up, gearing off, etc. Standing up in a relatively clean truck bed vs removing your gear and laying it on the ground, etc.

Lastly, it's almost impossible to nap in the trunk of a car...

WarmDry.jpg

Do you have 2-bedroom apartments available? I am planning to rent a car but am hearing mixed messages about where and what to rent. I will plan to contact you and the other locations who posted here by tomorrow. Thanks much!

Hi fsu,

Our Apartments and Junior Apartments each feature a bedroom and a living room, with an additional sleeping couch in the living room. So it is no problem to have several people sleeping in different rooms.

Greetings from Curacao
Andreas

Thanks, everyone. I am getting so excited about this trip to Bonaire and Curaçao! If anyone has specific recommendations for dive sites and dive shops on either island, and even must-see land stuff, restaurants, etc. please let me know. I love the pic in the back of the truck on the beach. :wink:

Hi Gabrielle,

In case you have not sorted your holiday for Bonaire. I really like bamboobalibonaire.com which is an wonderful small resort has excellent reviews in tripadvisor. If you like something with a stunning view bonaireseaviewapartments.com is great too. For a car I would recommend bonairerentacar.com very personal and great service.

The weather is great!

Ayo, Marijke

We stayed in All West Apartments last month. They're at the quieter, west end of Curacao and the diving is much better up there. We were in a 2 bedroom with a view of the bay, and we had unlimited access to tanks, as we were given a key to the gated equipment room where plenty of full tanks were always available 24 hours a day along with a place to rinse and hang our gear.

All West has a house reef right out the back and it's one of the nicest dives on the island.

We paid about $500 for the week and got a great deal on a rental car, because All West has their own "minifleet" of Nissan Pickup trucks and their rates are less than what you'll pay anywhere else on the island.

Thanks! I am in Bonaire now and will be staying at Blue Bay in Curaçao. If you have any recommendations for dining and diving in either place, I would love to hear them. :)

Back
Top Bottom