Cold, Circulation and Nitrogen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001:
This is totally off topic but I noticed your name is Paul Thomas. Are you *the* Paul Thomas who had a pretty close call resulting from a PFO a couple of years ago?

R..
'fraid so!

Back at work now after proving to the-powers-that-be that I had not turned into Fred Shipman and also back on line!

(In case our American readers have never heard of him, we Brits can claim to have the dubious honour of having had the worlds most prolific peace-time proven mass murderer listed as one of our doctors;- The late and never lamented Dr Harold (Fred) Shipman)

That business about crackly skin, quoted above, sounds a little bit too much like "surgical emphysema" due to pulmonary baraotrauma, rather than a simple skin bend, and certainly not the sort of thing to ignore or self-treat in recreational scuba. I would suggest that any rash after diving is DCI until proven otherwise - e.g. Jelly fish stings are clearly not.

The Iceni:
'fraid so!

Back at work now after proving to the-powers-that-be that I had not turned into Fred Shipman.

(In case our American readers have never heard of him, we Brits can claim to have the dubious honour of having had the worlds most prolific mass peace-time murderer listed as one of our doctors;- Dr Harold (Fred) Shipman)

Did you get the pfo fixed? ARe you diving again?

I don't know much about your story but I remember seeing a graph of your profile on that dive somewhere. That was one hell-of-an ascent. Did you get bent from it?

R..

Diver0001:
Did you get the pfo fixed? ARe you diving again?

I don't know much about your story but I remember seeing a graph of your profile on that dive somewhere. That was one hell-of-an ascent. Did you get bent from it?

R..
Hi Diver0001,

Yes, I got the pfo fixed. I am the proud posessor of a Cardia occusion device, "fitted" last December

As for the final ascent, it certainly cannot have helped and suprisingly, perhaps, I was not recompressed, but they must have though they were bringing/sending up a body!

While I have no quarrels, whatsover, with the doctors who looked after me DCI was not even considered in the differential diagnoses. I was simply treated for freshwater drowning following loss of consciousness while diving, query cause.

Nuff 'bout me!

Back
Top Bottom