Tanks near Porteau Cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like Ocean quest's proximity to HWY1.... Works perfect for us as we head up Boundary road to get to the highway when we go diving, but it's an easy exit at Willingdon or Grandview Highway to get there if you're heading westbound on the highway on your way through Van...

It's further from Porteau, though. Just conveniently located off the highway.

Edit: but looking at the Map, Edge in North Van seems pretty conveniently located off the highway too.

I believe the Edge is closer but you will want to google directions as it is tucked out of sight somewhat.

There is also a private campground directly across from the Stawamus Chief (big cliff just before you hit Squamish). West side of he road. I may be wrong but I think it is called Klahanie campground
Yep, here's a link: http://klahaniecampground.com/

what days are you diving next week?

Ok, looks like we're driving down Thursday afternoon, and we'l have two whole days of diving at Porteau, yeehaw, and then will try to join the Edge dive on Sunday before going back home. We'll drive a purple/blue F 350 with a white Okanagan camper on it. Feel free to knock and stop by, tea is always on. Oh, ok, I suppose we can manage to put a few beer in the fridge, too.

Seems we'll have some time - R2t, could you maybe give us some more info about the Furry Creek spot? Where to park and get in, any currents/tidal conditions to be aware of, how to find best dive spot etc?

R2t has gone camping for a while. Furry Creek is about 2k North of Porteau. Take the golf course exit and keep left. You'll go under the highway and come to a subdivision called Oliver's Landing. Lots of parking there. The dive is a wall unaffected by tidal exchange, so no worries about current. From the beach there are usually mooring bouys less than 100 meters to the North to decend on, anchored in about 20 feet. From there head out to a depth of 50 feet and swim North and you'll find the wall.

Ok, looks like we're driving down Thursday afternoon, and we'l have two whole days of diving at Porteau, yeehaw, and then will try to join the Edge dive on Sunday before going back home. We'll drive a purple/blue F 350 with a white Okanagan camper on it. Feel free to knock and stop by, tea is always on. Oh, ok, I suppose we can manage to put a few beer in the fridge, too.

I'll most likely be at the edge dive on Sunday so we'll see you there

Cool, looking forward to meeting some BC coastal divers! We'll be there, sitters permitting and barring any technical breakdowns. And if we return from the Porteau dives :). My buddy trusts me about as far as she can throw me when it comes to compass use :wink:.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom