Rockport Dive 14 Mar 04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom R

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Rockport is opening up a bit more, getting in is no problem off the dock now, getting out well that's a different story. The water is low and below the south ladders so it's a little work getting out. Vis was nice and water was at 33C.

There was at least 20 people there today diving through out the time we were there and it was nice meeting some other board members.

Yeah i was very happy getting back in the water at rockport and was very amazed of the viz i spent 5 min just looking at the surface from 80ft you could see the bit of ice and looking at the people far away and looking at there bubbles all the way to the surface really nice view...Getting out is a skill of its own :) Glad to meet you guys today

GREAT DIVE !!!!

Great dive today, I was amazed to see all the divers that came out to Rockport today. The fish are starting to come back. I love having 100 feet viz in the St-Laurent, wish it could be like that year round. I should be there next weekend.
Hope the boat ramp will free up.

dive, dive, dive...

Steve

My computer read 32F and I am now a believer in Argon. I tried it for the first time and it kept me significantly warmer. Prior to this dive I was skeptical but was amazed at the benefit. I also had a new hood (wonderful) and this may have helped also.

Getting out after that dive was horrible - If it was'nt for Steve and DPV I'd still be there (well probably not). If you're planning on diving there before the boat ramp is freed up then bring some ropes to haul your rig out after the dive.
This is my plan for next weekend - a very beautiful spot to dive - the Sophia looked even more Viking-like with the cold water!!!
Note: If you do go in off the dock, also bring $10 to pay the Boathouse restaraunt.
Barb

Once the ice clears away from the other side on the dock, it's not so bad climbing out. There's more room to get your feet inbetween the timbers used to build the dock on that side.

artw:
Ohh that water level does look low.
thanks knives. now I cant get the rockport wall out of my mind. how am I going to do work for the rest of the day :wink:

Kevin Ripley:
Once the ice clears away from the other side on the dock, it's not so bad climbing out. There's more room to get your feet inbetween the timbers used to build the dock on that side.

Are you planning on diving there next weekend?

Steve

Steve Blanchard:
Are you planning on diving there next weekend?

Steve

We are... ill be sending the group an email tonight for saturday's dive

Tom, kevin, knives you guys are welcome to join if you like

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom