Moisture Munchers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BarryTX

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've read that putting a Moisture Muncher silica gel capsule into the UW camera housing with the camera can help avoid fogging with temperature changes. My very basic question is where do folks try to put them so they work without causing problems? In my Fisheye FIX housing with Canon G11 it looks like the port or barrel housing section is the only place with room but I don't think having the capusle loose around the lens is a great idea. Am I missing something about the correct way to use them?

The Canon housing has a rubber boot separating the lens from the rest of the housing. It's on the outside of that rubber boot that i place my silica packs. You apparently dont have that boot on the FIX housing so you may have to create some type of device that will allow you put the silica packs next to the lens but keep them from touching the lens.

Back
Top Bottom