Sooke This Weekend - Where to get tanks? Where to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akirawut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looks like I'm going to be in Sooke over the weekend, hoping to do a two tank day. I am wondering where the closest place to get tanks is. I already emailed Scuba Stu and all his tanks are booked for the weekend.

Does this mean I need to go into Vic?

Also any site recommendations for a couple beginner-intermediate divers would be great. We are comfortable in the water, comfortable in our gear, fine with walls, but no experience with strong current.

Thanks,
-Tom

I would suggest to go in town to dive after all it's only a 25 minutes drive, Wilson Diving in Colwood can help with tanks or Ogden Point dive center and you could dive the Breakwater.
There is 2 other dive shop in town, Beyond Deep Diving and White's.
Also the Saanich Inlet (Willis PT, Henderson Pt and Mackenzie Bight) are quite good beginner-intermediate dives. The only problem is that the viz can change day to day from 100ft to 5ft.
Last week-end it was good under 50ft.

Hope this help

Al

Ooops

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. Sounds like Wilson in colwood would be the move, then hit any of the sites in that sort of vicinity.

If you're looking for some great boat dives out of the Sooke area, check out Pacific Pinnacle Dive Charters as well, and if you hit the Saanich Inlet you can get tanks and boat charters from Rockfish Divers, operating out of the Brentwood Bay Lodge and Spa.

Dive safe.

If you want to dive out of Sooke, then Wilson's is by far your closest shop (if Scuba Stu is booked up.) If you're not diving in Sooke, basically all the other shops are as accessible to the diving, if not more so, than Wilson's.

I'd call ahead and book tanks (and other gear?), no matter where you want to go. Also make sure they have nitrox if that's what you want to dive.

Free DM-led dives Saturdays at Frank White's Dive Store and Sundays at Beyond Deep Diving and Ogden Point, if you need buddies or if you want some local knowledge.

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom