Dive caddy - airline carry on solution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Because I back pack and dive. Last year over 4 months I did 26 flight for carry on locking is fine however when traveling some times you get on buses or trains or even hostels where you leave your bags. Hence Not being able to lock it is a deal breaker. What a shame looks like what i need.

Locks are crap. Only thing they're good for is to let you know when someone has broken into you stuff. They don't prevent anything. DC has no zippers. Clips only.

Reallisticly, any soft sided bag can be opened with a utility knife. I love my Dive Caddy, however, each person has their own needs.

Still interested in the Dive Caddy version of the boat bag; haven't seen images yet.

--Flew with it (again) last month.

Dimensions would be a bit misleading, as they very pretty significantly based on what pieces are attached, or how full you stuff it, or how much you crank down on the compression straps. You can certainly put fins in that are a bit longer than the main bag itself!

However, if you want approximate dimensions, I'm sure Dive Caddy could supply those, or I could measure the panels on my main bag when I get home from work.

FWIW, I usually detach the top bag and have little difficulty fitting it into the overhead compartment in the appropriate orientation, with Mares Avanti Quattro fins.

The back section measures 24x14 approximately. When packed the ends and sides curve in some making the dimensions smaller. As Jaeger45 said it depends on what you pack into it. I have fitted mine full with equipment into the standard airline gate wire frame for testing your carry on.
Safe Diving,
Brad 845-590-9721

My wife and I used Dive Caddy's this past July on our trip to Cozumel. We flew on crowded flights with Continental and had no problems to speak of. Loved being able to carry all our significant gear with us as carry on baggage.

However, we were not able to slide the bags into the overhead as you would a standard carry-on bag. We did find that our two bags set in length wise one on top of the other takes about the same amount of space as two carry-on rollers side by side. None of the flight attendants hassled us as we were quick to stow them.

Helpful tip with going through the boarding gate: have your Dive Caddy on your back and facing away from the attendant. They don't question what they don't see. Is it cheating? Maybe. But you should see the kind of crap other people get on board.

Last edited:
My wife and I used Dive Caddy's this past July on our trip to Cozumel. We flew on crowded flights with Continental and had no problems to speak of. Loved being able to carry all our significant gear with us as carry on baggage.

However, we were not able to slide the bags into the overhead as you would a standard carry-on bag. We did find that our two bags set in length wise one on top of the other takes about the same amount of space as two carry-on rollers side by side. None of the flight attendants hassled us as we were quick to stow them.

Helpful tip with going through the boarding gate: have your Dive Caddy on your back and facing away from the attendant. They don't question what they don't see. Is it cheating? Maybe. But you should see the kind of crap other people get on board.

Bensotc,
:D Your right on the money. I have seen microwaves, baby car seats, and a whole lot more.
Safe Diving,
Brad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom