Apeks Flight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally I would not buy a regulator with non standard hoses. Why when there is so much competition. I want to be able to tinker with hose length, change to a Miflex hose or any other hose that comes out in the future.

Adam

Are you sure you went to the right URL ? Sorry for the silly question but it works fine for me, I can see all the brands and I'm not in the EU. I had my order shipped to Singapore with no problems at all.

I think if you carry an extra hose for the Apeks Flights you will not feel it at all, trust me. It's light beyond light. It will not defeat the purpose of having a "travel" regulator as you won't even notice you have it with you. So I think it's a very small compromise to be able to enjoy a nice and light regulator. This compared to carrying around a normal regulator that weights so much more, for me, as a traveler that hates carrying heavy luggage around, well, there's no hesitation, I'll take the Apeks Flight anytime, with an extra hose if I have to. (But again, seriously, this stuff looks extra well made and Apeks is famous for the reliability of their products so i doubt you'd need an extra hose..)

The more I use the Apeks Flight, the more hooked to it I am :)

Yes I went to the correct URL, I have been ordring of them for a couple or years now. Singapore it seems is lucky and has not be hit with the ban on net sales as with the USA, Australia and NZ to name a few. Im bummed...

do they ship to canada?

A couple of ways you can check, you can mail and ask them, or go to their web site and type in Canada as country and if Apeks etc come up then they will ship to Canada and if brands such as Apeks do not come up then you are most likely out of luck.

I just checked typing in Canada as a country and it would not bring up Apeks, Scubapro etc etc...looks like Canada too has been hit with the net ban...super bummer but again it wouldnt hurt to ask them. Good luck

Just got my Apeks Flight from Scubastore. Great customer service and prices, I fully recommend them! I got the Flight Set with octopus included. I'm not concerned about the non standard hose, and the benefit is the neutrally bouyant second stage (how can you do that if you don't remove the heavy metalic nut that fasten the hose to the regulator?). If one of these hoses ever fails during a trip, I still have the other regulator to keep diving and perhaps rent another octopus and attach it to the 1st stage standard 3/8" port. I also got the service kits from WaterSafetyShop.com for both stages, which I will add to my save-a-dive kit in case they would ever need service in a remote location.
I am not using an SPG since I have a wireless air integrated DC, and just added an Apeks pony bottle pressure gauge that screws directly to the first stage to check the tank before the dive. Finally, a Miflex inflator hose for my Zuma BCD completes my regulator and still weighs less than 2 Kg.
Now, I only need to go diving on my next dive vacation to let you know my oppinion about the Apeks Flight :blinking:

Thanks for sharing, I think I might just order one to Europe and have a friend mail it to the US for me. I was also thinking...

What about using the flight first and second and the egress octo? wouldn't that make it even more compact and it uses a normal fitting, and even cheaper?

Do you guys think its worthwhile to trade my xtx 20 for the Flight? I only do warm water diving...

Do you guys think its worthwhile to trade my xtx 20 for the Flight? I only do warm water diving...
What isn't the XTX20 doing for you that the Flight will?

I've got a green Flight reg (no octo) up for sale if anyone is interested. I never used it. I still have the original box sitting around somewhere.

PM me with an offer - its going cheap.

-A

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom