Blue Heron Bridge Dive & Picnic, August 14th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KBeck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Seems it's about time for a little get together for all you bridge trolls!!

Looks like we've got the plan settled for a Dive and Picnic at Blue Heron Bridge on Saturday, August 14th.

High Tide is at 12:23 PM that day: Tide Table.

Details:

Location and Directions: Phil Foster Park

Parking: It's a Saturday, so you'll need to get there EARLY to find parking....even by 10:00 it will likely be pretty tough.

Diving: High Tide is 12:23. Most people will enter the water between 11:30 and noon; there's no absolute time. Most will finish up the dive between 1 and 1:30.

Picnic: We usually find a pavilion on the far west side of the park, set up some tables and prepare for a nice afternoon!

I'm thinking we can either gather ingredients to do a cookout, or, as we've done for other get-togethers, get some Publix sandwiches pre-ordered and skip the cookout work....
Edit: We have one vote for sandwiches....any other opinions?

Typically, everyone pitches in a few things for munching, along with dry goods (plates, utensils, napkins, etc) and we're set!

So, so far, I believe the attendee list is started with:

KBeck
Cooltech
Scuba_Jenny
Hermit Crab
Dennis W.
Donna W.
tibenmiami

Who's in?
Other stuff:
New here? Never done Blue Heron before? No problem! Just join right in and you'll have a gazillion new buddies by the end of the day.....

Got non-diving buddies/spouses/kids? Works for us! Bring 'em along. If you're unfamiliar with the park, there are always tons of families enjoying the beach....it's a nice play area without the "bigger" surf as the regular beach, and, since it's under the bridge span, they can hang out in the shade!

Last edited:
You got us sweetie. Publix makes great sandwiches.

I *should* be able to attend. I have company in town that weekend and we were gonna dive LBTS.. I shouldn't have much problem encouraging them to go to BHB instead...

Yes, if you've been to a Megadive or Venice, or TurkeyFry.. :)

Well, it looks like it will be me, Hermit Crab, and at least 4 more, 2 of them divers. HC is making her (becoming famous) Curry chicken with coconut rice. yummy! See ya'll Saturday!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom